Chapter Seven: October 30th, 2020

Liam and I have been inseparable the last few days and it had been a while since I last had my flashback with Liam. It scared me to think that was the place I had been the last ten years, but I wanted answers and the only way I could receive them was through my flashbacks. I had been keeping it a secret, even though I should tell Liam soon, but I want to find out who was with me in the basement before I do.

    We were both lying on navy blue lounge chairs in the enclosed porch. My parents have been giving me space since the incident with the photo album and I was pretty sure Liam talked to them about it. He hasn't pushed me to remember or force me to be someone I wasn't.

    "So...Lucas was taken around the same time I was?" I peered over at Liam and he closed his book before placing it onto his lap.

    "Yes. He was taken two days after you when he was walking home from school just like you were."

    "Did anyone see who it was?"

    He shook his head with a frown, "you were taken on a July 14th of 2010. It was a Wednesday. Lucas and I were ill and we stayed home from school and this was the first time you ever walked home from school by yourself." He sighed before continuing, "Lucas was heartbroken and he wanted to help the search team, but he knew he couldn't miss any more school. He was very passionate about school and wanted to make sure his grades stayed at an A. He was taken July 16th, 2010 which was a Friday. His math teacher was the last person who saw him as he visited her after school to discuss his homework that he missed when he was absent. They believe he was also taken while walking home from school."

    "How old was he?" I questioned with curiosity.

    "He was fifteen when he was taken. His birth-birthday was Sept-September 2nd, so this year he wou-would have be-been 25." He spoke with an unsteady voice. His watery eyes closed and a single tear flowed down his cheek. Eventually, he lowered his head in a quiet sob.

    I immediately shot up from my chair and made my way over to him. I wrapped my arms around him tightly as he continued to sob into my shoulder as every tear stained my shirt.

All of a sudden, I was transported back into the basement. I watched from outside of my body as I laid there on the filthy mattress, staring at the ceiling. I glanced around to find that my companion was gone. Where was he? The metal door creaked open and my companion was thrown into the room as they landed on their hands and knees.

    A deep voice called out, "come on, girl. I do not have all day." I observed as my body stood up and walked out the metal door. I attempted to look at my companion and I could tell it was a male, but his face was blurry; I could not make out his characteristics. I began to follow as I floated through the wall. Once in the dimly lit hallway, I peered down to my right and saw a staircase with a closed door at the top. To my left, the man and myself were walking towards the doorway at the end of the hallway.

    I decided to follow behind them as he opened up the door to a dark room besides for a dentist light above a hospital bed. There were shackles attached to the railings of the bed. "You know the drill." The deep voice spoke up as I watched myself lay in the bed and he placed the railings up before shackling me to the bed. He hooked me up to the monitors as it began to beep with every beat.

    "Today is September 20th, 2020. Her last injection was August 20th, 2020. I will attempt to go two months again like I did earlier this year, but I will use a higher dose of ZIP this time. Her next injection date will be November 20th, 2020." He stated before turning to me, "I have a few questions to ask you. Do you remember who you are?" The man questioned me as he prepared the injection on a metal surgical table by the bed.

    I spoke up, "My name is Clarissa Gilbert."

    "Do you know how old you are?"

    "No."

    "Do you remember your parent's names?"

    "No."

"Do you remember who you are sharing your room with?"

There was a slight hesitation before I answered unlike the other answers, "no."

    "Good. We finally got to the part where she does not remember her past life besides her name and on top of that, she has now completely forgotten who her roommate is. I am hoping with this dose she will forget everything like her name." I watched as he injected my arm with the liquid. "Her heart rate is staying stable at her baseline which is the mid-90s. Her blood pressure is 92/54 and I will keep an eye on her for an hour before releasing her."

    I was still unable to see the man's face because it continued to be blurry. I walked through the wall back to where he was keeping me and my companion. He was sitting on the bed with his arms on his knees as he placed his head on top of his arms. I watched as his body lurked with each sob. I attempted to touch him and my hand went right through. Who was he? Before I could figure out who he was, I suddenly saw a blinding bright light.

    I gasped as I glanced around me and saw I was back with Liam. "Are you okay, Clary?" He had his hands on my shoulders with concern written all over his face despite the tears that were falling down his cheeks. I nodded. Do I tell him? Should I wait until I confirm the boy was Lucas?

    "Yeah, I am okay." I gave him a small, reassuring smile before wrapping him into my arms again. I hoped it was Lucas and I wished I was able to tell Liam everything, but I did not want to get his hopes up unless I knew for sure.