05

ricky woke up, refreshed, and he stayed in his bed, staring at the ceiling, for the next half hour. it was nice to just chill a bit in the morning, to mentally prepare himself for the hectic day that was about to come.

after the half hour of sitting in silence, thinking about life and his business decisions he was soon about to make, he got up from bed and looked outside his window.

he saw the thin white layer of snow sitting on the lawn and shoveled off the road in front of him. the bright sun was shining through the white clouds and reflected off of the snow, making the outside world, almost blinding.

he went on and got ready for his day before he left his house and headed to his production building where his meeting was to be held.

he decided to walk rather than drive today. mostly because it was supposed to be snowing later in the day and it was hard to drive being that he still hasn't went out to get snow tires, but also because of the fact that he loved snow and the cold air.

as ricky walked the 5 blocks to the production building, he admired the neighbourhoods he passed and the other skyscrapers next to the roads.

he was looking down at his phone, texting his agent and letting him know that he was on the way when someone bumped into him. he almost dropped his phone and on impulse, he went to go catch it by leaning forward.

"sorry!" he heard the person say as they walked quickly and turned left at the intersection that was a couple feet away from him.

if he didn't look up when he did, he would've missed it; the familiar strand of brown hair.

he stood there as he stared at the intersection with his jaw partially dropped. the event that happened just seconds ago replayed in his head over and over again as his heart began to beat faster as he felt a nostalgic and warm aura around him.

the hair.

he could recognize the soft, thin brown hair anywhere. of course there were people with the same hair types, but he just knew. he knew the way her hair flowed in the wind and how it curled at the end just a little bit.

the voice.

it sang in his ear, and with just the small word being said, a million memories came rushing in at 1000 miles per hour. the soothing sound of her soft, high voice and the memory of her laugh echoed in the back of his mind.

he missed it. he missed her.

he shook his head out of his own thoughts as he realized she was there. nina was there. nini was back, and she was okay.

a small smile crept on his lips as he started jogging towards the end of the intersection and turning left where the girl had. he continued down the sidewalk, following the straight path, looking at every face that passed him.

he was estatitic. he could find her, he could hug her one more time, kiss her like she's never been kissed before. he could tell her he was sorry, tell her that it wasn't his fault they got in the accident, tell her that he would give anything to switch places with her and have him be unconscious instead of her.

he could finally tell her he loved her.

as he kept walking, his smile started to slowly fade, he looked at every brunette he passed, but no luck. then, he reached another intersection. he looked to his left, his right, and forward. she was still nowhere to be found.

a sad sigh escaped his lips as he ran his fingers through his hair and looked down to the ground before he let it go and continued making his way to the production building.