19

after an hour or so of continuous shopping, or more so window shopping and smelling scents at bath and body works- some of the seasonal smells were still out, most of their favourites, the group of four went to a nearby restaurant to have some lunch

nina found it easy to confide in her new friends about the problem going on with her parents, it was nice to hear unbiased opinions coming from a new point of view. she didn't mean to spill everything, but one thing lead to another, and there they were.

"so does this mean you're leaving earlier than usual?" big red asked.

she shrugged as she played with the straw of her drink. "i don't really want to but i do miss them."

"that's understandable," ashlyn said.

"yea, but also i kinda made it a whole point that i wasn't going to listen to them and come back, so i guess i'm stuck here for the mean time."

"have they tried to reach out?" red questioned.

"yea," she scoffed, "everyday since then, i just don't answer. i'm waiting until they get the hint."

"what if they think you've gone awol?" the black haired man asked.

"i doubt it. i still talk to ej everyday so it's not like i've completely cut ties with everyone."

"i think you did the right thing," big red said. "i don't know them, but they seem very..."

"strict, controlling, no fun leaders and i'm just the puppet they're moving?" she finished with a sarcastic tone, to which the red head nodded, "pretty much."

"i'm sorry nina."

"it's okay," she replied. "i don't know why i've always thought that they've given me everything i've wanted. i mean i guess they have physically; not that i've asked for many things but i do have everything i want. it's just mentally, i feel like i've been manipulated into thinking i'm living in a world that i want when really, i hate it."

"that's a big assumption," ashlyn said.

"i know, but it would've been easy. they could have easily altered my life two years ago when i lost my memory. for all we know, this isn't the me i once was, i could've even been here and been friends here with all of you and that's why everyone calls me nini," she joked with a light hearted laugh, popping a fry into her mouth.