20

-

-

a loud banging from a short distance interfered ricky's humble sleep, causing him to widen his eyes quickly. he groaned at the nonstop thumping and covered his face with his pillow to try and tune out the sound, but unfortunately, the soft, fluffy divider didn't cut it.

he got out of his bed and felt a shiver go down his spine so he grabbed a small blanket and wrapped it around himself to inspect where the sound was coming from.

ricky left his room, and followed the loud sound. it kept getting louder and louder until it lead him to his front door.

someone knocking, of course.

he opened the door and saw a brunette woman standing on the other side with her hand lifted up into a fist, ready to knock again.

"oh good, you're up!" she cheerfully greeted, walking past him into the house. "dude, this soup is heavy, no wonder people go around carrying tubs of soup."

he stood there, trying to process what had just happened before he heard utensils clanging together in the kitchen. he shut the door and rushed towards the kitchen to see her pouring the soup into a bowl.

"hey nina?" he grabbed her attention, "no offence, but what are you doing here?"

"you're sick, and i was bored so i made soup for you."

"does ashlyn know you're here?"

"no, she wasn't home when i left, why?"

"maybe you should go, she might be wondering where you went off to."

"oh, don't worry, i left a note," she smiled, "you look cold, why don't you sit on the couch and get comfortable and i'll bring you the soup."

"okay?" he awkwardly said, going over to sit on the couch. "were carlos and big red busy?"

"don't know, didn't ask," she bluntly said, walking over and playing the bowl in front of him, "be careful, it's hot."

"thanks."

"so, what movie do you want to watch? i was thinking maybe teen beach movie; such a great picker upper, or infinity war since were kind of on a roll with the series."

"nina, why are you here, really?" he genuinely asked, seeing that she was trying to avoid the topic.

she took a breath when she looked into his shiny eyes. "overthinking got the best of me and i didn't have anyone to talk to. i don't know why but my mind automatically went to you and i knew you were home, but then i couldn't come for no reason so i made soup since you're sick and here we are."

he watched her as she took another deep breath and noticed how she picked at her fingers nervously.

"i'm sorry, i just needed a distraction, things aren't the best at home and i don't know what to do with myself, i could go if you want."