part 3: Goodbye

-y/n was walking with weiss down the hallway-

Y/n: thanks again for helping me Weiss, you know that I leave like this so it's nice that you will help everyone.

Weiss: of course you dolt, it's better then you leave without saying like before.

Y/n: sorry again I did start telling you every time after.

-weiss suddenly hugged him-

Weiss: just promise to be safe...I heard it's gonna be bad from the news.

-y/n hugs her tightly, even back then he hated this process of saying goodbye and promising a empty promise he couldn't control-

Y/n: -chuckles- come on weiss I'm not gonna die just yet.

-weiss would nod as they walk to the cafeteria seeing the 2 teams eating-

Ruby: guys hurry we were waiting for you.

Yang: pretty suspicious if you ask me.

Weiss: oh shut it you dolt y/n needed to tell you all something. -she sits down as everyone looks at y/n-

Pyrrha: what's wrong?

Y/n: well as I told you all I was the commander of blacklight. That also means I'm a commander of the atlas military as I was sold into the military. I'm sure you all have seen the news of the grimm horde coming and ozpin and ironwood asked me to lead the defense of Rose. -he sits down-

Everyone but weiss: what?!

Ruby: what do you mean they asked you?

Y/n: they asked me because they believe I can handle the situation...however I won't hide what I think from you all. I believe this will be a battle beyond grimm, I believe there will be enemy forces heading to Rose.

Blake: what forces?

Y/n: -sighs- white fang and military weaponry.

Blake: why white fang?!

Y/n: it appears they are more then just a few protesters and criminals.

-blake looked down as pyrrha and yang looked worry-

Both: does that mean another war?!

Y/n: no, they don't have that many people so it will be more of few large battle in a single area rather then a full war.

Yang: does that mean you can die?!

Ruby: y/n this isn't okay.

Y/n: I know but we are hunters guys. After graduation our missions will be risking our lives. I'm doing my job not because I need too, but because I want to protect you all. If I don't go they will capture Rose and destroy Vale after.

-they all look down but jaune and ren nod-

Jaune: we support you man.

Y/n: huh?

Jaune: you are leaving to fight in a real battle with everything on the line just to protect everyone.

Ren: and on your own will, and we will worry and miss you but it's the right thing to do.

Jaune: plus you are a commander this isn't your first battle so I'm confident in you.

-the girls would look confident and nod at y/n all except for one-

Y/n: thank you, I promise I'll try my hardest to not be in harms way.

-suddenly nora got up and ran away and ren had a worried look-

Ren: y/n go talk to her, she needs you to reassure her.

-y/n nods-

Y/n: alright I'll try. -he walks back a bit then starts to run after nora.-

Yang: will y/n be okay?

Ruby: I heard it was bad on the news....

Blake: the white fang and military weapons...

Pyrrha: a long battle....

Weiss: calm down everyone! Unlike you guys I've had this problem before. Hearing how bad it was hearing what he does is frightening but y/n is strong. He was the best at atlas have confidence that he will be okay and prevail.

Blake: he did this?

Weiss: yep, even on my birthdays when he was the only good thing he would always tell me after that he needed to go. However he would always promise that he would return and spend a whole day with me. -giggles- he one time promised that he would dance with me on my 16th birthday, I wanted him to be my first dance. Unfortunately the war was bad and at times he couldn't talk for months and next thing I know he wasn't there. Then finally the birthday has halfway done and I refused so many people and I had lost hope because I hadn't talked with him in months then suddenly y/n runs in, in a suit half done and unbuttoned panting. After his ship landed he ran well putting his suit on so he could make it on time for the dance. Even when it was the hardest time on him he kept his promise so I never doubted when he promises he will come back.

-after hearing the story the girls were a bit confident-

Ruby: then let's make him promise to come home before the dance so he can take us.

Weiss: like it's that easy to wait, I'll have you know it's quite difficult to wait for your lover for so long, and it just so happens I've been doing it so much I'm sure I'm perfect for him.

Blake: I'm sure we can wait a few months for him.

Weiss: pff I doubt it.

-they all glared at each other as weiss smiled inside, if she can make them focus on being loyal then they won't focus on him being gone to much.-

-nora stopped running as y/n was not far behind her, she turned around and looked at him as she was clearly trying to hold tears back-

Nora: why? Why do you have to go?!

Y/n: -walks up to her- because I need to protect you all.

Nora: but why you?! They have other leaders even that ironwood guy why can't they do it?!

Y/n: because im there best nora...im doing it so I can make sure we win.

-he hugs her tightly as nora cries-

Nora: but what if you die and never come back? You are the only person I have besides ren, my whole life it's been just me and ren and then you come along and I considered you my second best friend and even my family and now you have to leave me. I don't want you to die y/n I need you now you are important to me.

-y/n held her as he rubbed her head-

Y/n: I know and I'm sorry you have to experience this. I promise I'll come back to you all nora I'm not gonna let them defeat me alright?

-nora hugged him tightly making it hard to breath for him as she let out all her fear and anxiety with her tears-

Nora: you better come back y/n.

-y/n kisses her head softly as they hugged each other as nora enjoyed the final moments before he has to leave-