Season 2 finale part 13: Fear

-y/n walked into ozpin's office making the old man look up slightly surprised as he set his mug down.-

Ozpin: hello y/n, how may I help you?

-y/n set his journal down as he rested his cane against the desk putting his hands on top of the desk-

Y/n: I have information about the current situation.

Ozpin: -looks up interested- and what may that be?

Y/n: I seem to have connected many dots of different situations and occurrences.

-he started to pace as he spoke.-

Y/n: I believe the white fang are being commanded by someone under Salem. However specifically, the white fang follow someone who is associated with Salem. Salem is one to control people right? So if someone under Salem had been gaining the support of white fang they would help. The white fang themselves only follow their leader, like a pack alpha. If Salem did get them the white fang are another piece of her army.

-Ozpin nodded-

Ozpin: if what you said was true, why steal dust? We wage war on Rose? Why follow this supposed alpha?

Y/n: -rubs his chin- well dust is to cause tension, fear, economic damage, and help leave us without dust as they used it in the war. The war itself...could be used to see defenses? To see what would happen if attacked and how we react. If that was the case she even knows I am alive now. Then finally this alpha. I believe it is because they promised what they deeply desire. The ending of humans and show the faunas as the higher being. Keep someone down in the mud and they will jump at the opportunity to have revenge. They still follow because it is working.

Ozpin: I will say everything does match up completely, but you look as if you have more to say?

Y/n: -puts photo of Torchwick on the desk- he is important.

Ozpin: how?

Y/n: before everything I did some investigating. I saw Roman talking with white fang members. Than back at the dock Torchwick was commanding them to steal dust. However he isn't the leader. To small of a job for him to be the alpha. Plus he is a thief and a scammer. Having others do crime for him is his way so he doesn't dirty his hands, but not a whole organization of ready to kill faunas. I believe he is a ally, a sort of supplier. He gets them information, equipment, money.

Ozpin: although not the leader, a valuable asset.

-y/n stood up straight-

Y/n: I recommend setting up a group to kill him.

Ozpin: y/n, we are huntsman, protectors of the people. We aren't going to get a group to go assassinate him.

Y/n: yes, but this is a valuable asset to the enemy. Even if it ment stopping them for a couple of days.

Ozpin: I understand, but this isn't the way to stop him. We must bring him to justice with law enforcement and not hunt him down like bounty hunters.

-y/n sighed and shook his head-

Y/n: you know my way is better.

Ozpin: yes, but I won't allow us to make ourselves monsters.

Y/n: like blacklight?

Ozpin: y/n.

Y/n: I know full well if I came here as commander you would agree to kill him. However because it's your "noble" and "heroic" huntsman you refuse. Blacklight is gone! It's time to start doing the right thing for yourselves!

-ozpin sighs-

Ozpin: I'll discuss it with the others later, alright?

-y/n nodded and grabbed his stuff and headed to walk out but ozpin spoke-