stylist under fire.

···············

················

················

as blackpink's 2019 world tour was running and stadium tickets were selling out, the stylists had triple the extra work they would normally be given, the whole set was so frantic and crazy before each performance that some small details would sooner or later slip through the stylists' fingers. and that's what happened as blackpink held their concert in jakarta (day 1).

as they entered the stage, the girls were impeccably professional as always, their clothes were light ones but their aura and passion was in a powerful magnitude. but there was something specific that caught the attention of the fans, something that sooner or later would generate an uproar and lead the fandom to get rightfully pissed off, and that was the costume that livs used for the performances.

the costume wasn't polarising because it was ugly, in fact, it was was a pretty dress with silver brocade, lace sleeves, adorned by chains and buttons in interlaced patterns, paired with long black boots in a purple colour with deep glitter flawlessly fused in, it would be a smart and clever choice of clothing if we were to ignore the fact that the word short was dwarfed by the length of the dress. it literally didn't reach much past mid-thigh.

it didn't take long after the fancam went viral for blinks to express their displeasure and discontent with the dress on twitter. #livsdeservesbetter trended in multiple countries, videos following the hashtag highlighted the scenes of her adjusting her dress or quickly pulling it down whenever the choreography allowed it. although she didn't let any major discontent sign show, she clearly felt uncomfortable with only such little dress covering her figure. 

while more than half of the fandom criticised the stylists, the handlers and the staff in general, many people also appreciated the young woman's professionalism. she kept her usual charm and splendour and that was the only thing that the fandom pointed out as a good thing about her in that performance.

unfortunately, short dresses are more common in the korean pop industry than a novice fan would believe, and it is a custom for the tallest girls or visuals to literally wear a small piece of clothing the most of the time, regardless of the weather or the event they are going to or if they're minors or not, that to this day has shown no signs of being erased.

to this day, 'the shorter, the more attractive.' seems to be the murky saying that governs the clothing of female idols. 

················