Episode 8

John's POV

Thud!

I slowly opened my eyes and saw the darkness of the cold ground. I hope the others haven't gotten themselves caught up with Volcan. I'll kill them if they do. These idiots really decided to come back after what happened last time? Do they have a death wish or something?

My head and every bone in my body hurts. I can't get up. I let out a small sigh. Guess this is how it's going down. I'll just sleep into death...

Seraphina's POV

"Holy shit..." Blyke said, sweating. "She really just did that."

"How despicable. To do that to her own son!" Remi gritted her teeth in anger. She turned to me. "Seraphina, if we team up, we might just be able to take her down!"

"You really underestimate, Ms. X-Rei. Remember, I'm stronger than my son. In fact, I'm sure that I could defeat you even without my ability." Volcan told Remi.

I clenched my fist.

"Hah! I bet I could even take you on without my ability!" John was shown in my mind.

I missed him. Seeing his usual carefree face was something refreshing to see everyday. But because of her, I could never see that face again. 

She deserves to pay...she needs to pay!

I won't let her get away with something like that!

"I'll do it. Remi, let's go!" I called with my eyes glowing furiously.

"Wait...don't..." a voice uttered.

I turned around to see Arlo on the ground. He was awake.

"Arlo..."

"Don't fight her, you two. You'll only be hurt in the end." he told us.

"But...!!" Remi started.

Arlo winked. 

He did. 

The most serious guy in all of Wellston just winked at Remi and I...

Fine. Just this once, I'll trust you. 

I looked into his eyes while saying this in my head. He must've understood because he nodded and made a light smile.

Suddenly, red lights flared from the ceiling.

"What's this?" Volcan looked up in surprise.

"Volcan!" an older female voice called out.

The black clothed woman turned around to see the doors opened from the back and two men standing beside a female worker in handcuffs.

"Rayna?! How?!"

"Hahahaha..." Arlo laughed. "It doesn't matter whether you're strong or weak anymore. I called the police a while ago before we got here. I was just stalling for time until they were going to show up. Face it, Volcan. You're been cornered. There's no place for you to run."