Episode 18

John's POV

DRRRRRR.

"That's it for today." my English teacher said. "Be sure to read through chapters 5-8 and answer the questions on the sheet I gave you. Have a good day!"

I looked at the worksheet she had handed to us. 

Hm. Not that bad. It's pretty straightforward.

"John, stay behind."

I thought so. Damn. These couple of weeks will be a pain. And it didn't help that everyone in the class turned to look at me. Geez, mind your own business.

"Alright." I responded to her.

The rest of the students packed their books for their next class and walked out of the room. I went up to the front of the room at the teacher's desk.

"I'm sure you already know what I'm going to tell you, so I'll get straight to the point. It's about your absence during these past two months." she told me.

"I'm aware." I replied. "And I'm really sorry for suddenly disappearing like that. I knew how worried you were about me, but I..."

"It's fine. You couldn't do anything about it. I already know your situation from Headmaster Vaughn and I know you must've had a hard time piecing it all together." she sighed in a breath of relief, then smiled. "Because of that, I won't give you such a hard time. Just come to me after class if you want to make up work. I'll try to give you as minimal homework as possible. Of course, you need to make up that work before the quarter ends."

"Thank you, Miss." I thanked her.

Thank god I won't have to stay up later than I already do.

Seraphina's POV

"Urgh, when is he getting here?" Isen hung his head back. "I'm about to die from boredom!"

"Your fault. Should've brought your phone." Blyke told him.

"It's not my fault I forgot it! I was in a rush this morning!" he argued. "C'mon, lemme see what you're up to!"

"Pokemon Go, seriously?"

"And...yes!! Fuck yeah! I caught a Lapras!" Blyke clenched his fist as if he had just won the lottery.

"Dude. Blue isn't even your color." Isen pointed out. "And what the fuck is a Lapras doing at school? Shouldn't they be near ponds and rivers or something?"

"Doesn't matter. Look, let me have my fun, will you, Isen? What Pokemon do you have in the game?"

"Are you kidding me? I don't have time to play that crap! I'm already as busy as it is! By the way, Charizard sucks."

"You take that back right now!"

"Guys..." Remi sighed.

Nice. I got a new SSR card. 

It's been a while since we started waiting outside the gates for John. The others wanted to see him too it seems. Blyke and Isen are arguing about Pokemon, Remi and I are playing a gacha game, and Arlo...he's not really doing anything. Just thinking about stuff, I guess? I don't know. He always has that pissed off face.

"Hey, Sera!"

I looked up to see John waving to us. I set my phone down and wave back, smiling.

"Hi, John. You're pretty late today."

"Yeah, sorry. My English teacher made me stay after class for a bit and gave me some stuff." He replied, then looked at the other Royals. "So, the whole crew's here, huh?"

"Are you kidding, dude? You almost died. Of course we want to make sure you're alright." Blyke told John. "You okay?"

"Well, I feel much better than before when I was in the hospital, but it doesn't help the fact that I'll have to make up work for like eight classes." He grumbled.

"Don't worry. You got me, don't you?" I patted his head and ruffled his hair.

"Hmm...you two seem pretty closer than I remember." Isen looked at both of us. "Is this a romance I smell?"

John and I both looked at each other, then turned our heads away, blushing uncontrollably. 

Yeah. We're both thinking of that moment we had in the hospital.

"Ha! I knew something was up!" He suddenly grabbed a pen and notepad from his jacket pocket and clipped his pen on. "You gotta fill me in on all the details! I can see it now. 'Ultimate Power Couple, Joker and Ace's High School Romance!'"

Blyke slapped Isen's face and gave a thumbs up. "Ignore this fool, guys. Isen's just salty because he hasn't gotten any of his articles on the front page in these past two months, so he's really shameless right now."

"AH, BLYKE! DON'T SLAP ME!"

"I'm just glad John's safe." Remi gave a gentle smile. "We've all been pretty worried. Even Arlo was looking forward to him returning to school."

I turned to Arlo. "Did he now?"

"Psh. Don't be ridiculous. It's only obvious that I would be relieved that Wellston's Joker is back to attending his classes like usual. It's not because you're my buddy, okay?" He explained.

Remi pouted. "Sure. Whatever you say, TSUNDERE."

I could see her mouth to us "He does care."

"Well, whether you two have romance or not, it was bound to happen anyway." Remi stated proudly. "From day one, I've been a Jeraphina shipper, so I know."

"Shipper?" I was confused.

"Pft, remember the time where Arlo liked Seraphina?" Isen chuckled to himself. "And when John first came into Wellston? He immediately stole the Queen's heart and Arlo totally got owned by his new junior who hasn't even known her for a month yet!"

"PFFT-" Remi and Blyke let out a laugh.

"Haha. You gotta admit. That was pretty funny." Remi wiped a tear from her eye.

"I did not like Seraphina, okay? She was a good student and a responsible Royal, so I favored her more. That's all." Arlo informed them as a matter-of-factly.

"Sure. Just keep walking in that direction, will ya?" even John joined in.

"I don't want to hear that from you of all people."

Soon after he said that, they all started laughing. Arlo though, the guy who couldn't take a joke, crossed his arms and looked angry as fuck. I also let out a small chuckle at their little conversation that soon turned out to be an argument between John and Arlo.

John...you're really back to being your usual self...

NOTE: AHHHH GUYS!! NEXT WEEK'S EPISODE WILL CONCLUDE PPUDS (Abbreviation for Puppet Under Strings) !! Sorry that this fanfic was so short!! I'm trying to work out another one though and I'll try to update next time when I have new info!!

But, as always, remember to vote/comment when you're finished reading!!