Chapter 13: Epiphany

However much that epiphany hurt Gulf, there was no time to stand still with the thought. As they say in the showbiz, the show must go on, and Gulf was bitter to realize this was his life now.

He, or better said Dee, according to the script, was saved by some other people entering the toilet, cutting his and James' conversation short. After Mild gave Gulf a knowing look – this guy is way too good at playing the third wheel – the script for today ended. Everyone clapped loud as they reached the end of the script, congratulating everyone on a job well done.

The author clapped the hardest off all, sparkles present in her eyes. It seemed she was happy with the casts act just now, even thought it had just been a read through. Gulf had to agree with her, disregarding his earlier epiphany, he also felt that this cast was perfect. Maybe he even had to admit that Mew and he were perfect for Dee and Wai, but the wound was still fresh. What had Jessi said that she wrote Dee with Gulf in mind? What did that say about him and the original Gulf? He decided it was better to ignore these questions for now.

After Jessi thanked everyone, director Lee took the time to comment about everyone's performance. Tips about where dialogue had to be slower or faster, and some background information about how he imagined the scenes. Although Gulf thought it was a little early for comments like these, everyone took out their pen and noted them down in their script. In awe of everyone's professionalism, he followed suit. Lee also went through every actor individually, and Gulf was complimented for his accurate facial expressions. They weren't an act he almost said, but just thanked the man by nodded his head. He also got some more ideas how to improve the scene along with Mew, and he felt very grateful for the help. After all, although this world's Gulf was a professional actor, he himself was still a rookie. He had much to learn still, but in an environment like this he was looking forward to getting to learn.

Before today's meeting was finished, everyone was asked to move outside to take some pictures in front of the reporters and fans. This would be the crews first official announcement, and people had been waiting the entire day on their first glimpse of the movie and its actors. When he saw all the people standing outside for them, Gulf once again felt amazed of all their fans dedication. However, many reporters there were, in comparison there were triple the fans.

Noticing Mai and Mew stand together, Gulf quickly walked in between them. Posing in such a way that his arm was around Mai's shoulder and Mew's was around his back, he couldn't help but grin at all the shouts of the fans. Yeah, he still felt a little shy and awkward at all the attention he got, and his actions certainly had a tone of jealousy the fans would notice, but he felt confident he was doing well. Especially when he finally felt Mew's hand squish his belly again. He basked in the familiar feeling, putting his own hand on top of his. Mine.
At least for now.

Mew had more schedules after that, but Gulf refused him when he asked if he wanted to come as well. The younger was aware how contrasting his behaviour in public was versus in private, but he enjoyed his husband's reactions too much to give it up. Revenge felt sweater than ever. As Gulf shook his head and say he'd rather stay at home, a small pout appeared on Mew's face. It made Gulf's stomach tighten and his heart swell.

The older husband leaned closer to the nong, mouth still in a pout as he tried to convince him. Gulf kept shaking his head, this wasn't how the game worked. Although his heart wanted to give in, his head reminded him of the discussion they had. No way was he forgiving Mew this easily.

Mew sighed but didn't move back. He was quiet for a second, Gulf knew he was thinking something over. He decided to indulge the man and patiently awaited what he was going to say. The city passed them by as everyone in the car was quiet for a second.