Chapter 27: Anniversary Gift

Only it wasn't him who started it. And neither was it Mew.

"And that's the final wrap, we're done, everyone!" Cheers and clapping filled the air, the atmosphere had suddenly changed drastically as everyone took note of these words. They were done, completely, finally! After months of workshops, rehearsals and filming, they had completed almost everything needed for the movie.

Or, at least, everyone else was done filming. According to a sudden schedule change, Gulf and Mew still had one scene to shoot. However, that wasn't planned for today, either way, so the two husbands were filled with the same enthusiasm as the rest of the screw. If anything, at least this meant the last of the takes that were planned outside, which was a celebration on itself. The cold air around them made Gulf involuntarily shudder.

"N'Mew, N'Gulf," Mild approached them, slinging both of his arms around their shoulders as he took place between them. He pulled them closer, so their heads almost touched. "Congratulations on another project well done," he told them.

"Thanks, Phi, but we still have some scenes to record," Gulf thanked him and corrected him at the same time. Mild wiggled raised his eyebrows in reply.

"I know," he said, in a self-satisfied tone, "but I wouldn't exactly call that acting," he wiggled his eyebrows. Gulf fully well knew what Mild was implying. The last scene they still had to record was in the same hotel where Dee and Wai met, coming full circle at the end of the movie. It was, of course, a NC scene, which needed quite some preparation according to the staff. That and the hotel had been booked full these past weeks, which is why their schedule had suddenly been shoved backwards.

Apparently, according to Mild, an NC scene wasn't acting if it involved Mew and Gulf, because they did that 'stuff' for fun anyway. If only he knew that they hadn't done that 'stuff' in ages. At least, not out of a recording.

Gulf looked at his husband, eyes pleading for help, but Mew was busy on his phone. Seems like he wouldn't receive my help there. Mild seemed to pick up on this, finally releasing the two of his grip, to wave his hands in front of Mew. The elder husband looked up, eyebrows raised.

"Huh?" he asked, confirming that indeed he hadn't caught any word of their earlier conversation. Mild just shook his head, instead wiggling his eyebrows once again towards Gulf who - as always - was happy for the thick layer of foundation hiding his blush. While Mild and Mew had never been the type to skim over matters like these, Gulf on the other hand was a little more reserved. Although 'innocent' definitely wasn't the right word, not with all the fanservice and things he had said in interviews in the past, once the talks turned from 'suggestion' to 'reality', it never failed to make his ears burn.

"Anyway," Mild seemed pleased with the reactions of the two males, continuing the conversation to another topic. "We should go celebrate while we can! You two are at home this weekend, right?" He shot a smile. "Let's go party with the rest of the cast!"

It was quite common for the crew to organize an end-of-shooting party to celebrate their hard work after finishing a project. Somehow, with everything that had been going on in their relationship, Gulf had completely forgotten about this. Thinking about it, he did like the sound of it. They had worked hard and definitely deserved a party with everyone.

Since he had only actually joined at the almost ending of the recording, he never had the opportunity to get to know everyone. Missing the workshops had left him a clear disadvantage, which had forced him to stay with Mild and Mew at all times. With a party, he could get to know the other actors, especially since they would be asked to do promotions together soon anyway.

"Seems like fun," Gulf eventually decided. "When is it?"

"Saturday at 7 pm," Mild looked up at the sky, frowning a little. "Assuming it's already after midnight, that would imply its today. What about it, Mew?"