Chapter 19: Promise

A generic intro song played as flashes of celebrities and presenters appeared on the screen. The opening segment was brief as soon the show's name appeared in the middle of the screen. After a highly enthusiast voice read the title, it faded away.

As the intro faded, a simple studio appeared into view. There were a couple of sofas placed next to each other in the middle of the room, occupied by six people. On the side sitting on a chair was a single woman. She had some cards in her hands and had her legs crossed. By the way the camera seemed to focus on her first, it was clear she was the host of the program.

"Welcome everyone!" she spoke up, "To another episode of Behind the Showbizz!"

The guests sitting on the sofa started to clap and a background sound of clapping and cheering could be heard.

"This evening we have some very special guests. I'm super excited and honored to introduce the cast and crew of the upcoming sensation Masquerade today!" the presenter turned away from the camera and finally faces the guests, wai'ing politely as they all replied in turn. She briefly glanced through her cards in her hands and then looked up again. "It's great to have you guys here please introduce yourselves to the viewers," she pointed at the camera as she said this.

The small woman closest to the presenter was the first to speak up. "First of all, it's an honor to be here. My name is Jessi, I am the screenwriter of the movie," she smiled to the camera. The man next to her nodded and added his own introduction.

"I'm Lee, the director of the movie Masquerade." He made another Wai towards the camera.

"I'm Gulf, it's great to be here," the next male in line introduced himself, voice soft.

The man sitting next to Gulf spoke up to introduce himself. He Wai'ed at the camera politely and flashed his signature grin. "I'm Gulf's husband, my name is Mew."

His husband, Gulf, flushed bright red. "Why did you have to add that first part?" he mumbled, but the microphone picked it up anyway, making everyone laugh.

Mew put an arm around Gulf's shoulders, pulling the husband closer. "Can't help it, yai nong," he said in a soft tone only meant for the two of them.

The interviewer nodded, ignoring the sweet gesture playing in front of her and thanked the two, but they were staring at each other as if they couldn't hear anyone. The camera instead zoomed on the two remaining people who hadn't introduced themselves. The first man introduced himself as Mild The woman's name was Mai. She mentioned how honored she was to be here and co-act with Mew, Gulf and Mild. As the introductions were finished, the female interviewer gathered everyone's attention again.

"So, when we heard about this new project of yours, everyone was thrilled! And when you announced the main cast everyone was doubly excited, if you get what I mean. And we have been really curious about the project, if you would do the honor of introducing the story a little to our viewers?" she looked at the female and male duo sitting on the sofa next to her as she asked this.

"Primarily, it is the story of two best friends, Dee and Wai, who discover that love can be blind even when it's right in front of you." He turned towards Jessi, sharing a knowing look, before focusing on the camera again. "The story focusses on the two protagonists, whose relationship evolves one day and becomes filled with moments of desire, yet is kept hidden behind masks and fake names, and how it slowly evolves into something more."

The hostess nodded, happy with the explanation. "It seems like a truly fascinating plot," she complimented the director. She then averted her eyes off the two sitting closest to her to the rest of her guests. "As for the cast, could you all please introduce your characters briefly?" she asked them. Both Jessi and Dee looked to their right along with the interviewer, where two males were unconsciously leaning against each other before their private moment was interrupted by a single cough and a "N'Gulf," from director Lee. The one spoken to blushes a quick red before focusing on the camera as if nothing had transpired.