Chapter 21: Coffee

"And that's a wrap for today!" Director Lee clapped in his hands. Throughout the room, sounds of cheering could be heard as everyone started clearing up the set. It was a dire contrast to only ten minutes earlier, when the only sound that could be heard was that of passionate kissing.

Mew and Gulf had separated after getting green light with the latest take, currently lying next to each other as they caught their breath. This time, they were the only quiet ones in the room. Nobody seemed to pay attention to them as they moved around, preoccupied with other things.

It was the nong who broke the silence first. "Phi Mew krup," he said, "Would you like to get some coffee with me?"

Mew moved to lay on his side, eyebrows raised at Gulf's question. Gulf guessed his reaction made sense. After all, the suggestion was rather odd, especially since in the time it had taken them to finish recording, dinnertime had long passed and he was sure it was nearing 11 pm. However, he had thought his question through , so he just stared back at Mew without blinking.

The husband soon seemed to realize he was serious, sitting up straight as he kept his eyes on Gulf. Then, after some brief deliberation, he nodded. "Sure, there's no way we're getting much sleep anyway," the husband agreed.

Gulf couldn't help where his mind went at the elder's words, suddenly giggling.

Are you implying something? He wanted to ask but didn't dare to. Even after all this kissing and even though they both definitely were in the right mood, he still had no clear idea where they stood. Where their relationship with each other stood. He could take advantage of the situation and go for it, but he knew that would only bring grief in the future. He's painfully aware of that pattern.

However, Mew somehow knew what the nong was thinking only by seeing his reaction. He opened his mouth to reply, but then shut it again. Gulf saw him rolling his eyes with a smile on his face. It made him feel hot all over, even though he was in half undressed state from the last scene. The room was rather chilly without his husband on top of him.

This thought finally got him moving as well, setting a pace towards the dressing room as they continued discussing their sudden plan. "I don't know any place that would be open right now," Mew mused. "Maybe we should ask someone if they know one?" They were in Bangkok after all. In a city as big as this, there's bound to be one or two open. But Gulf shook his head, he already had in mind where they would go.

"I know a place," he replied, a soft smile playing on his lips. Mew stopped before the door of the dressing room to turn towards the younger, but the nong just passed him by to enter. After a count, the husband followed him inside. Gulf had already started undressing, pants on the ground as he grabbed the more comfortable pair that was set on the side. He could feel Mew still staring at him, eventually turning to answer his stare as he closed his belt.

"Aren't you getting changed?" he asked the stunned husband and pointed at his own spare clothes. The man finally seemed to realize what he was doing, grabbing a shirt and pulling it over his head. Gulf couldn't help but smile as the male realized he had grabbed Gulf's shirt instead of his, but neither of them bothered to point it out. Instead Gulf walked over to grab his husband's shirt. They'd exchanged shirts in the past plenty, anyway.

After they both were dressed, Mew's manager approached the elder husband. Gulf couldn't hear what they were talking about, only noticing as Mew shook his head and the manager shrugged in reply. Then P'Bosser turned around, leaving the two alone in the room. "I asked my manager to leave the car here," the elder husband explained, "so we can go on our own."

Gulf nodded, pleased. "Like a date," he concluded. They used to go on outings often after work like this before. With the whole drama that happened between the two, they had stopped their frequent dates, so Gulf was especially happy they were doing something together again. Something for fun that wasn't simply work.