File 8

The task of the shrine was as challenging as usual. Link obtained the slate's newest ability, Stasis. Link quickly discovered the ability allowed him to temporarily freeze an object's movement of time. He could disrupted an frozen objects natural path simply but striking in it in the direction he desired it to go. Within the shrine he recieved a traveler's shield. His rewards were held gratefully in his own inventory.

Link emerged from the temple and looked towards the snowy peaks. His final temple awaiting there. Link made a quick stop at the old man's cabin in order to still up on cooked meals. Though his cooking skills proved to be less than impressive. He managed to cook a few simple meals, though when he attempted a more complicated meal he wound up with something he couldn't even describe. A dubious meal that he hadn't ment to create.

  Dispite the slight disappointment of missing a proper meal, the young hylian went on with his task. He walked to the snowy peaks, avoiding bokoblins in order to focus in climbing. He found himself near a small patch of pine trees. Blue mushrooms growing from their bases. Chillsrooms, an edible mushroom that produced a cold presence when eaten. The blonde pocketed several chillsrooms, wondering if they could be used later on. A bug flutter by him. Link reached for it and it flew away. Another flutter behind him. Link leaped and caught it, in the process he lost his balance and landed face first into the snow.

  They seventeen year old hylian pulled his face out of the cool powdery snow with his hands still clasped around the bug. His nose and cheeks pink and red from the bite of frost. His hands had a blue light seeping from them. He peaked inside to find the blue glow came from the bug itself. A chill fly, it ettmided a cool cold light from its body. A smile formed on Link's pink lips as he pocketed the bug. He continued on his mission and he reached his final destination for the paraglider. The shrine of Keh Namut. Inside was yet another challenge and another pedestal. Link had become all too familiar with what the pedestals ment. He place the Sheikah Slate in the pedestal and was rewarded with Cryonis. A new ability that allowed him to create pillars of ice from the surface of water. As Link completed the trial he discovered that he could only create three pillars at a time, and that they only reached a certain height. Still, he was greatfull to have these abilities at all. He was rewarded with a fourth spirit orb, and his quest for the old man was finally completed.

  As link stepped out of the warm shrine to the bitter cold, he was met by the old man as he glided down from the sky.

"With this, you have now aquired all of the Spirit Orbs from the shrines on this plateau. Oho ho! Extraordinary!" He laughed, his nose red from the cold. Link simply pulled his dublet on tighter to keep out the cold, "That means... It is finally time."

  Links curiosity peaked. He wanted to know what it was he had awoken too. Why monsters roamed everywhere and why no other hylian were around.

"Link," the hylian froze having never once said his name to the old man, and yet he knew it already, "It is finally time for me to tell you everything. But first..." the man turned, facing the tower in the center if the plateau, "Imagine and x across the plateau. Each shrine as the end points. Find the spot where those lines intersect. I shall wait for you there," he returned to his former position to face Link once more, "Do you understand?"

  Link nodded, but was taken back by the sudden aqua colored glow and flames that suddenly appeared around the man.

"Where two line connecting the shrines would cross..." the man had become translucent, slowly beginning to fade... "There... I will... be waiting..."

  He faded away leaving behind nothing as though he never existed... Link continued with caution, unsure of the events that just occurred before him. He wondered where the man was going to meet him. The center of the four shrines. Link could think of no other place than the tower, or the ruins of the temple of time. He left for the tower first. The man was no where to be found. He then used the Sheika Slate to take him to the temple of resurrection, the place he awakened. He ran to the temple of time. Inside was only the shrine. Link walked out of the temple no longer having any idea where to go. He looked back at the temple, noticing the same aqua colored glow coming from the roof of the shrine. Link looked for a solid wall outside the shrine and began to climb. He pulled his slender body onto the slowly decaying rooftop. A few slates of stone slipped from under the hylian's shoes, but it wasn't enough to knock him off the roof. He carefully made his way to the bell tower where the old man was gazing into the distance.

"Well done there, young one!" The man greeted him, "Now, then... the time has come to show you who I truly am," Link listened with absolute curiosity as he listened to the man speak, "I was King Rhoam Bosphoramus Hyrule. I was... the last leader of Hyrule. A kingdom which no longer exists."

  Link was blinded by the glow of the man's lantern and the cool flames around him. When the light faded, the king had reveal his true ghostly form. A king who passed away a century ago. Link listened to his story. The story of Hyrule's destructions after Calamity Ganon was released. The tale of how the a hundred years ago, Princess Zelda's soilders lost the battle against Ganon...

"... The Princess was my own daughter. My dear Zelda. And the courageous Knight who protected her to the very end..." the king turned as his tale ended. He faced Link who could still not recall a single event of the tale he had just heard, "That knight was none other than you, Link. You fought valiantly when your fate took an unfortunate turn. And, then you were taken to the Shrine of Resurrection."

  Link looked down upon himself, feeling no sense of greatness within himself. He couldn't recall ever being a knight, yet his own combat abilities did seem more than what he expected.

"Here you now stand revitalized, 100 years later. The words of guidance you have been hearing since your awakening are from Princess Zelda herself," Link's glance returned to the King, hearing of the Princesses survival over the pass century. "Even now, as she works to restrain Ganon from within Hyrule Castle, she calls out for your help. However, my daughter's power will soon be exhausted. Once that happens, Ganon will freely regenerate himself and nothing will stop him from consuming our land. Considering that I could not save my own kingdom, I have no right to ask this of you, Link..."

  Link flinched, from the story he had just heard he was unsure of how he would be of any help as he is now.

"But as I am powerless here... You must save her... my daughter. And do what ever it takes to annihilate Ganon. Somehow, Ganon has maintained control over all four Divine Beasts, as well as those guardians swarming around Hyrule Castle. I believe it would be reckless for you to head directly to the castle at this point. I suggest... that you make your way to the east, out to one of villages in the wilderness," the King turned and pointed east as link walked towards him.

"Follow the road out to Kakariko Village. There you will find the elder, Impa. She will tell you more about the path that lies ahead. Consult the map on your Sheikah Slate for the precise location of Kakariko Village. Make your way past the twin summits of the Dueling Peaks. From there, follow the road as it proceeds north..."

  The King turned to Link who was still processing all the overwhelming information he had just received.

"Go on... Here is the paraglider, just as I promised," the King pull the glider from upon his back. And handed it to Link, who held it in his arms against his chest. Still in shock, "With that, you should be able to safely fly off the cliffs surrounding this area. And... I think that's it. I told you everything I can," the king began to fade away once more, "Link... You must save... Hyrule..."

  The king vanished, his presence now gone. Link made a prayer to the statue for heath, then carried the glider all the way to the edge of the cliffs. All it too was one jump and his adventure would begin.

  The fate of the Kingdom of Hyrule weighed on his shoulders. It was up to him to get to Zelda and help her defeat Ganon.

  Link took a deep breath. He held the paraglider over his head, awaiting a gust of wind. As the wind picked up, lifting him to his lightest, Link jumped and the wind carried him off the plateau.

  This kingdom completely relied on Link.

~~~