Chapter 16 - Hopefully It Goes To Plan

Anika opened her eyes slowly on hearing the annoying alarm clock rung from her phone. She banged her hand on the table to find her phone so she could stop the horrific sound. It was a new day, a free day, and she had someone to spend it with.

Maybe she should wake Sahil up with breakfast in bed? No, it would be nicer to catch up with him as they made food together. Perhaps a simple chocolate milk? A more suitable solution.

As she straightened herself to sit up on the bed, Anika's eyes fell on the multiple bottles of pills. On a normal day, she'd pop three down her throat and get up to go to office. She was well aware that stopping altogether now would not be the wisest choice, so she opted for two tablets and swallowed them with a glass of water.

Finding her dressing gown hung on the back of the door, Anika removed it from there and wore it over her tank top and pyjama shorts. Using a clip, she craftily gathered her hair and set it in a messy bun before going to the kitchen.

It didn't take long to prepare the drink for her brother, and she took it to his room to wake him up.

Anika: Sahil

In a gentle voice, Anika spoke as she ran her fingers through his hair

Anika: dekho meine tere liye kya banaya

With half open eyes Sahil smiled at the warm drink at his side.

Sahil: Good Morning Didi

She smiled as he quickly sipped on the drink.

Anika: araam se bachu, garam hai

Once he had finished, Sahil kept the mug aside and turned back to his sister.

Sahil: aap kaam pe nahi jaare aaj?

Anika shook her head from side to side.

Anika: aaj joh bhi tujhe karna hai, hum vahi karenge. Agar tujhe kahi jaana bhi hai, toh batao aur hum vaha chalenge

She was pleased to see the excitement on his face following what she just said. Anika then told him to quickly get ready as she went to do the same herself. They together went to the kitchen afterwards to prepare breakfast.

Anika: tujhe kya khaana?

Sahil: pancakes bana sakte?

Anika: of course

Lightly pinching his chubby cheeks, she rummaged through the cupboards to locate the ingredients.

Anika: toh school kese chal rha?

Sahil: mere top marks aayenge iss baar

Anika: itna confidence?

Sahil nodded his head and mixed the ingredients in the bowl.

Anika: acha aaj tera kohi dost ka birthday party hai, am I right?

Sahil: haan lekin mein nahi jaara

Anika was quick to ask why, considering this was a close friend.

Sahil: mujhe aapke saath time spend karna

Anika: party ke baad bhi yeh ho sakta

Sahil: lekin aap kya karoge?

Anika: kuch kaam hoga, voh mein dekh lungi. Tu meri chinta maat kar

Sahil: lekin mein toh man of the house hoon

She chuckled hearing her little brother, and got back to the cooking. Then she served the breakfast at the table

Anika: kese bana?

Sahil: Khidkitodh

Hearing Sahil pick up on her language somehow got her thinking that if she had children, they would also pick up on her ways. It would be cute to see them play around. Sahil was practically like their child for Gauri and Anika, but with no experience they managed to bridge him up without him feeling the empty void of his parents. If she could do a good job then, there's no doubt she'd be able to be an excellent mother to her own children.