Chapter 9

Harry's POV

When Ron got back from detention with Professor Di Angelo, he looked very annoyed. He flopped down onto the chair next to me.

''What'd you have to do?'' He pulled a long sheet of parchment out of his bag and set it on the table. It didn't have much writing on it so I assumed he had just started.

''I have to write an essay.'' He grabbed his quill and began writing. ''It's all Malfoy's fault.'' I didn’t know what else to say, so I went back to my potions essay.

We went to sleep at around one in the morning.

The next day, Ron and I went down to breakfast without Hermione. Ron was still mad about her going to the Yule ball with Viktor Krum.

Hermione sat next to Fred and George at the other end of the table. It appeared, she had no problem ignoring us either.

After breakfast, we went to Transfiguration with Ravenclaw. We were trying to turn rats into teacups when a sixth year Gryffindor walked in and went to talk to Professor Mcgonagall. I didn't hear much of their conversation, but apparently, someone tried to set one of the towers on fire again. Professor Mcgonagall looked slightly exasperated, but she followed the student out the door.

Once she had left, Hermione came over to my table; which was very unusual, as Hermione is not keen on rule breaking. As she got closer, I could tell she was worried, she had dark circles under her eyes and she was slightly pale.

''Hey, Hermione are you okay? You aren't looking to go.'' She shook her head.

''I'm fine, but found something else about the new professors. A couple days ago, I saw Professor Di Angelo in the hallway and he had a black mark on his arm. Given, I didn't see the whole thing, but I've been trying to think of what else it could be.'' She said all of this hushed and rather quickly, but I still caught it all.

A few minutes later, Professor Mcgonagall came back and told us to head back to the common room to work on homework. She then left in a hurry. Everyone was slightly confused, but they didn't argue. We had been assigned a three page essay in potions. Not to mention the essay on healing herbs we got in wandless defense.

While we worked on our essays, we came to the agreement that tonight we would sneak out to try and figure out to get more information on the new professors. Hermione was a little skeptical about spying on our teachers, but curiosity got the better of her and she said she would come.

We waited together for everyone to leave the common room; once it was empty, I went up to the dorms and got my invisibility cloak. We all got under it, it was a tight fit but we managed. We shuffled across the room and stumbled out the portrait hole; luckily, the fat lady was asleep so she didn't notice us leave, but that also meant we might not be able to get back in. Oh well, we'll cross that bridge when we get there.

We turned a corner and had to duck behind a suit of armor because Professor Di Angelo had just rounded the corner. He was walking with Professor Solace, but they didn't seem to be going anywhere in particular. They were laughing quietly about something, and as they turned the next corner, I could swear Di Angelo looked right at me. It's just a coincidence, I told myself, nobody can see through the invisibility cloak. Yet, it was almost as if I could still feel his gaze even though he was nowhere to be seen. 

After that encounter, we all wanted to return to Gryffindor tower; back to the warmth and safety of our dorms. On our way back, we ran into Mrs. Norris and she just looked around for a second then kept walking like always.

When we got back, the fat lady had woken up, and she did not look happy.

''What are you doing up at this hour?'' We all just wanted to go to sleep, even her.

''None of your business, balderdash.'' (I know it changes a lot, but it's the middle of the night and I'm trying to get this done) The portrait swung forward and we climbed through the hole. We silently agreed to talk about what happened in the morning, and we all headed to our dorms. 

I didn't get much sleep. I kept having the same dream about Nico Di Angelo, with his piercing black eye staring into my soul. He was holding a sword to my throat while laughing. Slowly, the laugh started getting higher; I turned my head slightly and saw Nico's face dripping off his skull to reveal the pale face of voldemort. His sword had shifted to a wand, but was still pointed at me. He yelled something but it was drowned out by the pounding in my head, and there was a bright flash of green. I sat up quickly, in a cold sweat.It was about time to get up so i went to take a shower. 

Ron and I met up with Hermione at breakfast and I told them about my dream. This only seemed to worry Hermione more, but Ron was only half listening while shoveling food into his mouth. 

We had Herbology first, then divination. We were about to leave for class, when the door burst open. I couldn't make out the face on the person in the doorway because of all the light behind them, but they took a few steps forward to reveal, one Nico Di Angelo, soaked in blood.

A/N please read this
I am SO sorry about how late this chapter is but the next chapter should be up quicker than this one was. Quick question, Id really appreciate if you'd comment your response, would you guys like it if I put some drarry stuff in here? Hope you enjoyed the chapter, byeeeeeeee!