Suspicions

Adrien sat propped up in his bed feeling a little stronger then the past few days. He could finally sit up, and move some of his limbs around, and could finally talk without sounding like someone was squeezing both of his lungs. The nurse had just left to get his lunch, so he quickly let Plagg come out from under his thin white blanket for a mini break.

"Agh! Finally out from under that hot, dark, ratchet blanket!" Plagg exclaimed, panting from the low amounts of oxygen he was getting from being underneath the blanket for so long.

"I'm sorry you have to deal with being under there Plagg, but you just got to hold on a little while longer. We'll both be out of here soon enough, on our two paws again. Plus, at least we've got each other to get through this." He said patting his kwami's head with his index finger.

     "Don't be mushy, gross! Unless it's cheese. Do you think they carry camembert at this hospital?" He asked curiously, pushing away his finger, turning upside down.

"I highly doubt it Plagg. Who in their right mind, after surgery, would want to eat some old, gooey, slimy cheese when they already feel nauseated?" He said shivering with a gag with the thought.

"Me, of course! I'd do anything to bite into some as of right now... Oh, camembert..." He said longingly, as he began to drool.

"Plagg, you're so weird!" He laughed at his kwami's behavior.

"Well, I learn from the best." He scoffed back, crossing his arms.

"What's that supposed to mean?" Adrien questioned with a look.

"What you do when you talk about Ladybug. Oh, Ladybug is so pretty! Right Plagg? She is just so brave and amazing! I love her, smooch smooch smooch." He quoted him, acting it out.

"Hey! I was thinking about asking cheese for you, but I am having second thoughts now!" He said pointing his finger at Plagg angrily, as his cheeks grew red with embarrassment.

     "Adrien, I got you food." His nurse Becky said closing the door behind her to his room. Plagg quickly flew back under the bed before he could be spotted, and Adrien quickly sat back in his original position before the nurse had left.

"Thank you!" He quickly answered her, as she walked over to him, and handed him his food he had asked for.

"Is there anything else you need before I go on break?" She asked pointing towards the door.

"Well, for some reason of been craving cheese. Could I get some possibly?" He asked scratching the back of his neck.

"I love you!" He heard Plagg whisper under the blanket. So he quickly slapped where he without the nurse knowing.

"Cheese? Just cheese?" She asked a bit confused.

"Yeah, like a mozzarella stick or something..." He suggested.

"Okay, I can get that for you. Is that all?" She asked one more time, heading back towards the door.

"Yes, thank you." He said again looking at his lunch, as his stomach growled at the sight.

"Just cheese then, huh?" She laughed opening the door.

"Also, Natalie will be here soon, so you two, and the doctor can discuss what therapy path you choose." She informed him before shutting the door quietly behind her.

"That was a close one Plagg. Be more quiet next time please." He mildly scolded his kwami, lifting up the covers for him again.

"I couldn't help it Adrien. You have no idea how much I have been craving cheese since we've been here!" He exclaimed twirling around in the air.

"We have just a little more time before Natalie comes. Heh, Natalie." He said with a small smile.

"I don't know about you, but I think she has been acting very strange- Motherly like in a way... have you noticed?" He asked Plagg thinking about when she had come sobbing at his bedside.

"She has been acting pretty suspicious to me lately, I agree. I wouldn't say 'motherly' though. More like a bit guilty." He said sitting on his bedside table.

"Guilty," He asked looking at Plagg with a raised eyebrow.

"Yeah. Ever since you've started these spells, she has been treating you differently. As if she knows something you don't, and has some big part in it." He answered with a shrug.

"Really? What makes you say that?" He asked staring off into the distance as his mind buzzed from his kwami's observation.

"I don't know, it's just what I've picked up on. Who knows." He said relaxing on the table with the fresh air.

"Well, it's a big possibility she knows what's wrong with me, but won't share." He suggested as the door flung open again.

They quickly got back to their places as his doctor, and Natalie stepped in.

"Hello, how are you feeling today Adrien?" His doctor's voice rang out, as he pulled his pen from his ear, and started writing something on his clip board.

"A lot better actually. Still a bit weak though." He answered honestly.

"That's good-" He said check marking things on the paper with his pen.

"Says here that in about two days you should be strong enough to at least stand. So, are you ready to discuss what therapy plan you want to go with?" He asked before sitting down from Adrien's nod.

Natalie came over quietly to him, then said.

"Hey Adrien. I heard you've been feeling a lot better, so I decided to get you a box of your favorite chocolates." She said handing a red box with printed red roses on it with a big red ribbon tied onto it.

"Sus," He heard Plagg whisper from behind him.

"Umm, thanks I guess." He said taking it from her, and setting it aside on his bed.

"I'll look at it later." He smiled to her.

"Now, let's get on with this shall we?" The doctor interrupted, trying to get to the point.

"Here are your options..."