Realization

Adrien lay across his bed, replaying the day in his head. His father did apologize on the awkward drive home. But it seemed forced, rather than genuine. He couldn't even make out words back to him. How could he forgive him at this point? I won't unless there is actually a change. He decided rebelliously. Everything was seeming to get worse. He is stuck to a cane due to reoccurring dizzy spells. His father is treating him worse than ever before, consistently. Now his motherly figure is having spells identical to his.

"There is something seriously huge going on Plagg." Adrien said, sharing his outloud thoughts with his kwami.

"Why all the sudden am I going into dizzy spells, and Natalie too now? I've never had anything like this before! And why don't I remember anything when I was younger? None of it adds up." He said pinching his temple frustrated.

"I don't know Adrien... It's all very confusing." Plagg answered, laying helplessly beside him on the mattress.

"At least I got through my photoshoot, and my first day of school!" He said trying to lighten the mood.

"Who am I kidding... Both were horrific, and exhausting." He moaned, shoving his face in his pillow.

"I can't even go in and see Natalie." He said, muffled from under the pillow.

"Why can't you?" Plagg asked him.

"My father asked me not to." Adrien said sitting back up, hugging the pillow in his arms.

"So... Why can't you still?" He asked again facetiously.

"Where are you going with this Plagg?" Adrien asked raising an eyebrow to his kwami.

"What I mean is- If you really want to figure out what's going on... Go, or do whatever your father asks you not to, or whatever he gets weird about. So, visit Natalie anyway! Start taking notes and snooping around." Plagg suggested, floating around him.

"I don't know about this... Our relationship is already at it's widths end. If I get caught- I don't even wanna know what happens after." Adrien said with a shudder, hiding his face back into the pillow.

"Don't you wanna know the truth though Adrien? You do deserve to know after all. Go." His kwami said, giving him a shove.

"Sadly, I think you're right. It's time to put an end to this! I am going to expose the truth."

~*~

     Adrien tip toed his way towards Natalie's room, ready to hide if his father would appear out of nowhere. As he crept closer to her bedroom door, he began to hear soft whispers coming from inside. As quietly as possible, he carefully placed his hand on the knob, and slowly turned it. He gave a slight push that made a little creak noise as both his father and Natalie came to view, leaving a perfect gap for one of his eyes to peek through. Thankfully, none of them noticed the sound.

        "This is getting a bit concerning now, Natalie. Any moment, Adrien could put the pieces together! You heard what he said at his photoshoot." Gabriel exclaimed, pacing back and forth.

"Calm down. Adrien is smart. He might figure this out. So, we just have to outsmart him. Think of sort of tell-tale of why we are acting the way we are." Natalie said slowly, lying motionlessly in her bed. 

     What!? Adrien thought, feeling his heart shatter into a million pieces, as he tried to contain his emotions that wished to burst out. Stay calm Adrien! Don't blow your cover! Find out the truth! No matter how painful. Be strong. He tried to encourage himself, biting down hard on his quivering lip.

"What should this tell-tale be then? It needs to be clever enough to be believable." His father stated to Natalie.

"I don't know at the moment... But, I'm sure we can come up with something." She answered.

"It has to be soon! Very soon. He could find out any hour, even minute the truth! He's sure to connect the dots. His mother had dizzy spells, now he is having them. For sure he'll know he is experiencing exactly what she did before her passing. He mustn't know." He added sternly.

     "Wh- What!? No-" Adrien whispered to himself out loud in disbelieve. He felt as every part of his body grow limp, as he began to slowly back up, shaking my head in denial.

I... I- I really have what my... Mother  died of...? He thought before covering his mouth, feeling bile shoot up into his mouth, as his stomach twisted inside of him.

"No! This can't be true!" He said a little louder, before banging his hip against a table he didn't see. The items on it rattled, making an extremely loud noise. They were bound to here it. He froze in fear as the whispers from inside the room subsided. His heart began skipping beats, as adrenaline rushed through his veins, making him bound away towards his room at an unbelievable speed.

     He shut the door behind him, grasping at his chest that stung with each breath. His heart beating at an uncalculated pace.

"What happened!?" His kwami flew quickly at his side in concern. He was unable to speak, as he pulled at his hair, eyes still wide open from shock. He let out a sob that forced it's way out, before he let all the pain inside of him come out through his tears. 

     It was all beginning to become too much for him. Too overwhelming. Why now? Why all of the sudden? What more bad news could he possibly hear next? How would he deal with anymore pain if he was already left weeping alone in his room, pressed helplessly against his door?