Busted

Adrien sat in his room as he pretended to have one of his dizzy spells, and follow the steps the doctor instructed him to do in case one happens.
"If you start feeling dizzy, sit down as fast as you can, put your head between your legs, and stay in that position until spell stops." He repeated from memory.
"I'm so sick of seeing you do this Adrien... Can we please do something else already?" Plagg whined to him with a moan.
"My doctor was the one who instructed me to do this Plagg. Complain to him, not me." Adrien huffed in annoyance as his head was squished between his legs.

"Excuse me Adrien, I have some news for you." He heard Natalie's voice day from his bedroom door.
"What is it Natalie?" He asked, using the edge of his bed to help him stand up on his wobbly legs. She opened his door, and came to his side and showed him her tablet.
"Your father just got an offer of a lifetime from one of his well admired designers to make a line of clothing for his new magazine. They asked if you could be the model for most of the male clothing lines. Your father told me to inform you of this."

Adrien's expression quickly drifted to a frown as he began to fidget with his cane.
"What about my spells? My doctor said to take it easy, remember?" He looked to her with concern.
"I already contacted your doctor. He said as long as you have those steps memorized, and are prepared for the worst, you should be fine." She told him sitting next to him on his bed.
"Seems like there is no way out of this one... I hope they like models with weak legs that have to rely on a cane..." He joked, following the details on his cane with his index finger.

"Lately... I feel I've come to the realization that my father cares more about his career then he ever did anything about me... I thought being close to death would make him actually care, and be by my side, you know?" He asked as there was a long pause of silence.
"Turns out I was wrong..." He said putting his face in his hands helplessly. He felt as Natalie pulled him into a hug. His eyes widened in surprise as she held him close.
"I'm sorry you feel this way Adrien... If I could do anything to change your father's ways, I would. But, I'm assistant. Whatever he says goes, and I can't persuade him otherwise..." She said with a sigh.
"Believe me, I've tried..." He watched as she bit her lip.
"I can't do much, but I can do something. Whatever you need, Adrien, just let me know, and I'll do my best to fulfill it."

They both sat in silence as Adrien felt his lip quiver from her tight, protective embrace. His head spun with thoughts, trying to find the right words to say. I never knew she paid attention, or even cared about how my father treats me...
"Thank you Natalie..." Is all that he could manage to say.

~*~

Adrien walked the busy Parisienne streets, as his cane click-clacked along with him. He smiled at the sight of people living their day to day lives, and waved to almost everyone he passed. He watched as birds flew, and chirped over his head, high in the green swaying tree hovering above him. He took a deep breath of the fresh air, and got a whiff of bakery goods that made his mouth water.
"It's so nice to finally be able to get out of the house Plagg!" He whispered to his kwami underneath his white jean-jacket.
"I think I am going to visit Marinette first since the thought of a freshly baked crossiant sounds heavenly!" He exclaimed, getting another sniff of the bakery's aroma.
"Sounds good to me! As long as you can get me a slice of cheese." Plagg answered back.

Boom!

Adrien fling to the ground from a force of an explosion. All he heard was faint screams over the ringing in his ear, as he slowly lifted himself up. He squinted his eyes to see a building collapse in the distance. He made out a person in a red and orange tight suit. Obviously an akumatized victim. Just great!" He thought standing up as carefully as possible. Both of his knees were scratched and bleeding, and both of his hands stung from cement burn. He shook it off, knowing he wasn't seriously injured, and ran to the nearest alleyway.

"Plagg! There is an akuma! I gotta try and defeat it." He said letting the kwami out from under his jacket.
"What!? How are you gonna fight a villain if you can barely walk! You're stuck to a cane Adrien. Ladybug will suspect something, I'm sure of it!" He kwami said trying to talk sense to him.
"I'm sure I can find an excuse. I'll have my baton to help me maneuver. I just can't let her fight this villain alone!" He said hiding his cane behind the nearest trashcan.

"You hit your head when you fell, which means you might go into a spell! If that happens, don't come crying to me! This is my warning." Plagg said following behind him.
"Whatever! Plagg, claws out!" He said as his kwami transformed him into his hero form.
"Time to kick some tail!" He punned, using his baton for support.

"Chat! There you are! I was worried you wouldn't show up." Ladybug exclaimed with relief at the sight of him.
"We're partners, shouldn't you always trust I'll always have your back, Bugaboo?" He flirted with a wink.
"No funny business now, Kitty, this akuma seems very dangerous! He keeps throwing bombs everywhere." She said as another bomb exploded. He tumbled over his feet, and held on tightly to Ladybug for support.
"Is everything all right?" She asked him in concern.
"Yeah, I injured both of my legs recently, so they aren't as dependable as usual..." He lied, scratching the back of his neck.
"Well that's just great... Just follow close behind me then, and do not let him see you! That's when he likes to throw his bombs." She said pulling him behind her.

He followed close behind as they stealthily made their way towards the villain across the rooftops. I already feel so weak and out of breath! He worried in his head, as he gasped for air.
"Hide! He is tossing another bomb!" She announced, pulling him inside an apartment. He leaned himself against the wall as he began trying to steady his breaths.

Boom

The next bomb went off as they held onto whatever they could to keep them steady.
"Are you sure you're okay Chat Noir? You're so out of breath. Do you need some water?" He refused to answer her questions, but only nodded for the water. I can't spill anything that she might catch on to. He thought as she filled up a cup with water that she got from the kitchen pantry.
"Here, drink this and sit down for a bit. I'm gonna watch some news footage to help me come up with a plan." She said sitting him on the sofa.

He sipped his water sikently and sighed. I still am so useless right now...
"I am sorry I can't help you much Ladybug..." He told with a glum look.
"Don't worry about it. The sooner we just defeat this akuma the better! Which, I think I just got a plan!" She said as she went to help him up.
"Stay extra close okay!?" She said as they climbed back onto the roof.
"Those are my favorite words!" He smiled slyly as they began to run again.

More explosions went off all around him. All the noise, and impacts of the explosions began to make him faint. He tried to concentrate as the Eiffel tower began to sway back and forth. Not a spell now! Not in front of Ladybug! He panicked, trying to ignore it. But, it was one of his bad ones for sure. He had no choice but to stop and do his steps...

He quickly dropped to the ground and did everything he had practiced. He watched as Ladybug turned, and just stood frozen watching him do his steps, and go into the fetal position, holding his head between his legs tightly. They both stared at each other without moving. He hoped with all his might she wouldn't ask! But, the quiet tension made him nervous. Please stop staring! He thought in his head as his vision got worse, he could barely see her now. I'm so busted... was the last thought before everything went black.