Photoshoot

Adrien sat fiddling with his breakfast deep in thought. I've totally been busted... I hope with all my heart that Ladybug will be wise enough not to look into it, and accidentally figure out who I am. He thought with hope. Why did these spells have to come and ruin me!? He thought clenching the cane beside him in his hand. I hope my day back at school today will at least go well. He sighed helplessly.
"Natalie. I need to speak with you, now!" He heard his father's voice call from the other room. He moved his head towards the direction of his voice listening, as he heard the click-clack of Natalie's heels hitting the marble floor as she walked along. He could only make out faint whispers which made his curiosity rise.

     He quietly put aside his fork, and crept his way to where the whispers emerged. Being so secretive again, I see. He thought peeking over the wall at them. He panicked to see them both headed his way to the dining room. He sprang up, and flew himself back into his seat, and situated himself properly just before they walked in.

     "We re-scheduled your photo shoot for the magazine today after school." His father informed him.
"What! But why?" He questioned, putting his fists on the table.
"Me and Natalie agreed you look well enough to be able to do it, and you haven't had a dizzy spell for over a week now." He answered bluntly like he always did. Just because I look fine to you doesn't mean I am!
"You didn't even think to ask me if I am actually even feeling well enough to do this. Shocker there." He said quietly, rolling his eyes.
"I can hear you clearly Adrien, quit using such disrespectful behavior towards me, I'm your father!" He rebuked him firmly.
"Really? Well, until you actually are one, Gabriel." He snipped, pulling his back pack over his shoulder, and slamming his cane along the floor towards the front door.

~*~

     I can't believe I said that to him! He thought as the car made him bump around in his seat. I felt so powerful! But... It was wrong of me... I shouldn't have lashed out like that and told him those awful things... He thought as he rubbed his face frustrated with guilt. It's not going to make my first day back at school any easier. He thought looking out the window as he just pulled up to the school. Plus, a major photo shoot afterwards. He moaned at the thought. He felt his heart beat increase as he tried to take a deep breath to calm himself. It's gonna be okay! He lied to himself, opening up the car door, and using his cane to help himself out.
     "Adrien!" He heard a longing cry come from behind him as he slowly moved along with his cane.
"Marinette!" He cried back as his whole demeanor enlightened. She ran and jumped into his arms, wrapping hers around him tightly in a hug. He gave her a squeeze back, as a smile creased his lips.
"It's so good to have you back! I know a few people who will be dying to see you. Come on!" She said helping him walk a little faster with his cane.

     He held onto her helping arm tightly as they made their way to the classroom. She opened the door for him and announced,
"Adrien's back everybody!" He watched as everyone stood in their seats with wide eyes, and big smiles at his return. They all ran to him with hugs, kind words and questions as he walked in. All the commotion, and attention made his ears begin to burn.
"Now now everyone! Let's not overwhelm our fellow classmate shall we? Get back to your seats and give the poor boy some air to share what happened himself!" Miss Bustier chimed in, clapping her hands to get their attention.

     As everyone returned to their seats, Nino finally made his way to hug him.
"I'm so happy to see you again dude! We really need to hangout soon!" He whispered to him as they sat down in their seats together. He only nodded back with a smile. Once everyone was seated, the dreaded moment came of silence, and all eyes on him to explain all that happened.
"Why don't you give a us a quick summary of what happened before we start to ease some of our curiosities." Miss Bustier suggested, waiting for him to speak.
"Well... About two months ago, I got my first dizzy spell. It was mild, but over time they increasingly got worse. I had one and hit my head super hard, so I was rushed to the hospital where I stayed for about two weeks. My body has been weakened, so I have to rely on a cane to help me walk now..." He explained looking down at his desk.