•16

16th Oct, 2020

Writer.

Pulling his hands out of the trousers pocket, he took a step forward and sat on the bed, becoming a barrier between the hot sun rays and his wife's radiant face.

Due to his shadow, her pout vanished as she's half asleep, lazy to get up but unable to fully sleep.

Isaa lovingly ran his fingers through her hair, admiring her exhausted expression.
He leaned forward next to her ear, whispering sweet nothings to wake her up.

"Get up!"

"Where are they?"

"Waiting for you? Get up. Come on." He pulled her up as she sat on his lap, rubbing her eyes to come out of her sleepy sense.

"Mahdi is crying Mayrah. Don't be lazy, get up soon."

"I've fed Mahdia 1.5 hour back, if one gets satisfied then the other gets hungry."

Isaa chuckled as she irritatedly spoke. Finally opening her rounded big sized eyes, she gave him a warm smile as he was scratching his nape with a cute expression admiring her.

"Can we sell any of them?"

"Yeah sure why not? And for serious you just bring them to you for filling their tummies,
other times they stay with their grandmothers.
Thus don't act and for Allah's sake run out now."

Giggling, she got down and ran to the washroom. Isaa stared at the washroom door waiting for her to be back.

He seemed little happy, though full of horror thoughts. Anytime anything may appear, shattering all their happiness. Even if he's prepared, will it be according to his expectations?

"Done? Wait, injection." He stood up seeing her coming out of the door.

Immediately preparing the syringe, he made her sit on the bed as she rested her head on the headboard. He pulled her sleeve up and found for the pulse.

"Looking handsome!"
Her soft voice came out as she wanted to move her concentration from the injection. Even though that's been a regular job, her fear stayed the same.

"How much?"
He huskily asked raising his eyebrows, slowly leaning forward while eyeing at her hand.

"Little less than Uthman Radiallahu Tala Anhu!"

"Wallahi seriously?" He chuckled pushing the syringe in changing her funny expression to a painful one.

Immediately he pecked her forehead making her smile again. As people say about the loving eye contact, they locked their eyes expressing their love for few minutes and then moved back.

As they came down to the hall, finding everything calm and quiet, Mayrah walked to her mothers finding for her babies.

"Asleep!! How are you now?"

"Better I guess." She sat on a chair looking at those snacks hungrily. When she was about to take a sandwich, a soft voice cheered up making her realize that it's her son.