•2

24th Nov, 2020

Writer.

Thanzia was sat down on the floor at the corner of the room sobbing loudly making her Niqaab wet as her sister stood as a barrier between her and her brother in law.

Their little baby of 3.5 years old, Zahra felt horrified seeing her mother being so harsh with her Aani.

Ismail, Thanzia's brother in law tried stopping his wife from all these but she was so angry to even be ready for anything bad right now.

"Get up. Get up NOW." Mahia, her sister pulled her by her arm and was going to raise her hand at her but Ismail forced her back to his chest by her waist.

"Stop it Mahia, let her calm down. Stop it for Allah's sake. What are you doing?"
He yelled seeing Thanzia's situation worsening.

"ISMAIL I SAID LEAVE US ALONE."

"To let you kill her? Listen you're doin...."

"Okayy! She's my sister and I know to handle her. Take my girl out with you."

"Mahi..."

"RIGHT NOW."

Having enough, Ismail blinked his eyes in annoyance and walked away taking his daughter from the door side who was watching Thaniza crying like a child.

As soon as they left, Mahia turned around and pulled off Thanzia's Niqaab, revealing her swollen red nose, lips and bloodred eyes which are bleeding tears unconditionally.

"Auzubillahi minash shaitaanir rajim."
Mahia muttered closing her eyes to let her anger fade, which would, but Thanzia's words worsened it.

"I won't marry him. I won't."
She let out a gasp as Mahia placed a hard slap on her wet cheek.

She pulled her closer by her arms and glared through those emotionless eyes.

"I thank Allah to take my parents back to Him rather than letting them see you in this condition."
Expressing, she shook Thanzia's arms angrily as she was shedding tears like a kid begging for a toy that she knows she can't afford to get.

"Ziaa...listen to me...sit down...come here."

"Please Appi...don't ...don't do that..."
She begged falling on her knees down on the ground.
Mahia too bowed down and pulled her on her arms, caressing her back to calm her.

"Zia.. baby... please...stop crying... please hear me once."

Mahia patted her back controlling her own tears as she heard Thanzia sobbing louder.

"Can't you hear me once too?
Appi....how can I stay with him under the same roof? I.. can't...please..I won't marry his brother."

"Why on the first place you agreed then? Why did you promise to take care of Nahiaan like a mother? Why would you do that?"

Asking for her answers, she broke the hug and wiped Thanzia's tears with her palm.