Chapter Nine: Quidditch

There are several dialogue quotes taken from JK Rowling's Sorcerer's Stone in this book. This is to convey the same story she wrote, but from another character's POV. The quotes taken directly from the book have three quotation marks (instead of two) around them to signify she wrote them and that I am citing them. Because I am transforming pieces of her work into something new this falls under the Fair Use Act. Additionally, JK Rowling has stated that she is okay with noncommercial fan fiction. All direct quotes, the Harry Potter storyline, and the characters all belong to JK Rowling.

The next morning the entire school was buzzing about the troll. Apparently it had snuck off into the girls bathroom and found Hermione. Apparently Wesley and Saint Potter had gone and saved her from it. The Slytherins were the only ones who were not impressed.

Everyone was trying to figure out how the trio defeated the troll. Wild rumors were fluttering from table to table that ranged from the troll passing out after seeing Granger's face, to Harry Potter being the youngest wizard in history to ever successfully cast the killing curse.

However, the four Slytherins who were practically the antithesis of the golden trio, had more important things to discuss.

"I just don't get it," said Pansy slamming down her water goblet. "Why were Quirrell and Snape in the forbidden corridor last night?"

"The facts are: Quirrell goes into the corridor, Snape follows quickly behind. Later we see Snape limping, and Quirrell at least seems fine from what we can tell," said Daphne.

"So it breaks down into several possibilities," said Blaise. "They thought someone might try to steal the object so they both went to protect it, one of them went to steal it and the other went to stop them, or they both went to steal it."

"Or maybe they are just curious... Like us," said Pansy, but she didn't seem convinced.

"Yeah but they're... adults. I'm sure Dumbledore told them what it is," said Daphne.

"Maybe I should ask Snape," Draco finally spoke.

The others started laughing, causing Draco's face to flush with anger. "That seems like a great way to get in trouble mate," said Blaise. "He'll know what we did, and he's not going to give you information anyways."

"Do we even want to do this anymore?" Asked Pansy. "I mean we know that whatever is in that corridor hurt Professor Snape."

"Or Professor Quirrell hurt Snape," said Daphne, completely wide-eyed.

"I just feel like our curiosity is getting us into trouble you know?" Said Pansy in a low voice.

"Pansy is right," said Blaise. "we've had our fun, but this isn't really worth it."

"What?" Interjected Draco. "Don't you want to find out what it is? Don't you want to see if there is a way we can help, so that the school can see that Potter isn't the ultimate savior, and that Slytherins can be great too?"

"Maybe we don't have to be great right now," said Pansy.

Draco looked at Daphne for support, but she said, "I think that the best thing to do would be to let this rest."

"You're outnumbered," said Blaise. "It's time to move on."

However, moving on would not be an easy task for Draco. While the others were just looking for a little rebellious fun, Draco had hoped that by helping he could make his parents proud, and prove to them that he was not a failure. He was hoping to show the school that Potter wasn't as amazing as everyone thought, and that would be difficult considering he just defeated a literal troll.