Arc 1: Liar, Liar Chapter 1: Take a Break?

Chapter one of the rewrite is here!

I hope you guys enjoy! Leave comments and feedback!

Also, the chat name used in this is the name of a group chat I'm in, in real life.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Izuku sighed as he made his way back to his dorm room. He was supposed to have a date with Shoto today, but the half and half male canceled on him. It was the third time.

Izuku knew that the whole class was busy because finals were coming up, but it still made him upset that his dates kept getting canceled because of a need to study.

Izuku opened the door to his room and walked in. The room was bland, lifeless. It looked barely lived into Izuku, but to everyone else, it didn't look off. He's thought about decorating, but his choice in decore doesn't exactly fit the persona he's built up.

He set his school bag down and took off his school blazer. God he hates that thing, it's unnecessary and restricting, same with the tie. He took off the rest of his uniform and got changed into a T-shirt and jeans.

He scrunched his nose up at the outfit. Boring, just like his room and everything else he has. Nei-chan says he should just wear whatever makes him happy, but that never turned out well.

It was better to just fit and be boring and bland to himself, than to be seen as a freak and a target by everyone else.

Izuku grabbed his phone from off his desk and flopped down onto his bed, opening the 1-A chat. He looked over the new messages. It was just Iida and Yoayorozu reminding the class to study. Again.

He exited the chat and glanced at the 1-B chat or 'Hell Vibes The Gay Bar' as everyone agreed to call it. He opened the chat and immediately saw there was a video call going on, and quickly joined.

A chorus of 'Hello's, 'Hey's, and 'Hi's greeted him when he showed up in a small square in the corner.

"Ok, ok! Midoriya, who here would make the best pokemon trainer between Me, Kinoko, and Itsuka?" Tesutestu asked.

Izuku hummed in thought for a moment. He loved the stupid little competitions and discussion 1-B had with each other. It was nice and the fact they included him made him happy, "Komori." He said, "Not only would she be really kind to her pokemon, but she would also probably go for the mushroom-based pokemon which can be really strong."

Tetsutestu squawked in disbelief, he was certain he had this competition in the bag, "I've been betrayed! Izuku, I thought we had something!" He said dramatically.

The chat laughed at the display, before Neito broke in, "I doubt Candy Cane would actually let you near him if he heard that."

Izuku rolled his eyes and chuckled a little. Neito wasn't wrong even if it was meant as a joke.

"Speaking of, weren't you supposed to be on a date with him today?" Neito asked.

Izuku sighed, "Yeah, but he canceled. He had a study session set up today accidentally."

Itsuka made a face, "If I was him I would've canceled the study session and gone on the date." She said, "This is the third time he's canceled right?"

Izuku nodded, but was quick to defend his boyfriend, "He's the kid of a pro, so he's busy a lot of the time with publicity stuff and training,,." He said.

"Izuku, he barely has time to spend with you." Shinsou broke in, "If he doesn't have time for you don't you think you guys should take a break or something?"

Izuku shook his head, "No, no! It's not that serious, we still see each other at school and stuff and we eat lunch together-"

"But you never spend time with each other outside of that." Itsuka said, cutting him off, "You seem to be the only one putting in real effort into this relationship."

Izuku went silent. He knew they were right, but he loved Shoto. His boyfriend was just always busy, after finals things will calm down and they'll be able to spend more time together...

✧○ꊞ○ꊞ○ꊞ○ꊞ○ꊞ○ꊞ○ꊞ○ꊞ○ꊞ○✧

It was the end of classes, finals were over and everyone was relieved. Izuku could feel everyone relax as soon as the bell signaling the end of the day chimed, it was a drastic change from the tense energy that's been present for the past two weeks.

As he was zipping up his admittedly ugly yellow backpack Shoto appeared in front of him, a small smile gracing his normally expressionless face, "Yoayorozu is throwing a party to celebrate the end of finals." He said, "She's inviting everyone to go and I think it would be fun."

Izuku smiled, "I'd love to go! It would be nice to just relax and have fun with everyone after all the stress." He said happily, even if he really didn't want to go he was still going to have a good time with his classmates and boyfriend.

Shoto chuckled at his reaction, making Izuku melt from the sound, "It starts at eight tomorrow night, I'll pick you up at seven-thirty?" He asked.

Izuku nodded excitedly. He quickly grabbed his backpack and then Shoto's outstretched hand, the two of them walking back to the dorms looking like the couple they are.

They both missed the glare directed at them from the back of the room as they left.