The Green Blur, This Plucky Non-pareil!

Summary:

Dream doesn't enjoy posing as a harmless blind man, nor does he enjoy the memories of a certain General haunting him. He might enjoy the ever mysterious Technoblade's company, but jury's still out.

---------------------------------------

The Scarlet Pimpernel from The Scarlet Pimpernel

A/N: This is part 1 of 2!

---------------------------------------

"There's a storm coming... Do you think the Green Blur will be out today?"

"Ha! No man would go out in the middle of the storm, much less a coward who hidesbehind a stupid name!"

"Oh, you grump pig, you're just jealous because your days of playing knight are over! The Green Blur will go out if he is needed."

"When is he ever? A nosy brat, that is what he is! The Iron Golems are already enough."

Dream would like to differ, but he knows that opening his mouth isn't going to help any. He's not supposed to know about the "mysterious hero" more than what the ladies sigh about and the laddies sing about, being the harmless blind traveller. But hearing people talk about him without knowing he is right under their nose never gets old.

It brings old memories of days spent hiding and catching, friends laughing and yelling, warm smiles under warmer sunlight, trees to climb and rivers to swim. Old memories of pranks, holding back wheezes, holding hands to escape together, running from annoyed screeching, huddling together to plan the next grand plan.

And memories of running for his life, of fearing people he loved, of leaving behind his dear General, of the life of a runaway, cold, exhausted and alone.

Alone.

"Enjoying the show?"

The monotone voice immediately catches his attention, and Dream turns his head even if his eyes are firmly shut. He is not about to commit the same mistake twice. He had been lucky no one saw him earlier today. As much as he dislikes having to hinder his vision and lie to all these people, he doesn't have much of a choice. His eyes would bring attention he's not ready to face without his mask, and he can't bring himself to simply make another mask after he left his previous one with his General weeks ago.

But this man, Technoblade, had seen his eyes.

Dream isn't sure what exactly made them meet. He had been minding his business, focusing on getting as many supplies as he could to restart his travels and pondering on what would be the best route to take, until he felt something. Some sort of pull, something inside him insisted in walking a certain direction, and, well, his instincts don't tend to fail him, so he followed. He certainly wasn't expecting to find the other reason behind the ladies' sighing, but he figured it wouldn't hurt to at least introduce himself.

It didn't hurt, but it did send a jolt of electricity up his arm that startled him enough to open his eyes.

Technoblade is a gorgeous bastard.

The long pink hair, straight and smooth, cascading down his shoulders and stopping almost at his waist, with bangs framing his face. The unblemished skin looked intouchable. He dressed elegantly, with a very clean white shirt and a cravat. He had the air and appearance of a royal man.

And the eyes.

Oh, beautiful, beautiful eyes of a vibrant crimson, deep and intense.

And hiding something.