Until There Comes A Day When We Sell Our Souls Away! (Part 5)

But Finally, Treason Will Seize Us!

This was definitely not planned, but here we are ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Part 5 of 7

------------------------------------------------

At first, Fundy had hated Jschlatt.

He can see the malicious glint in his eyes, and the nefarious curl of his way too pointy smile. He can feel every instinct he has yell at him to run away every time the President's attention is on him, ha can tell that under the nice suit and groomed goatee is a predator, a beast he can't even begin to dream of winning against.

But then the beast gently pats his shoulder with pride.

But then the man laughs heartily at his jokes.

But then the President kindly praises his more animalistic traits.

But then Jschlatt shows that under that rage and betrayal is a good friend.

And the fox hybrid gets drunk in the feeling of acceptance, the joy of sharing all of himself with someone who appreciates him, who supports him, who understands him more than even his unofficial adopted brother, the oh so great General Wilbur, will ever be able to.

And perhaps, Fundy figures, perhaps there is a chance for him to have his deserved happy ending in a world where hybrids like him can live free, without the fear of the hunt and without the shackles of deceptions.

It cannot be betrayal if you're not loyal to them anymore.