Until There Comes A Day When We Sell Our Souls Away! (Part 2)

I'll Do Unto You As You Do To Me!

Yes, it's short. Yes, it's deliberate.

Part 2 of 7

---------------------------------------------------

President Jschlatt remembers well the feeling of humiliation and fear, and there is nothing that brings him more pleasure than seeing it in someone else's eyes.

The Overworld is disgustingly perfect. Not hellishly hot like the Nether, not insufferably cold like the Nether. Life has always a chance to grow and flourish, even the life that naturally had to face obstacles. Not everything needs to be a battle, not everything needs to be solved with a stab to the back. Everything here is in abundance and the man hates it.

He hates that the nasty humans get to live in this paradise while he had to watch his own mother suffer and die in that damned void for the chance of getting her son out of that pitiful dimension.

Every time he looks at the mirror, when the effect of that sickening potion fades away, he sees her eyes in his, more purple than his venomous red eyes, and infinitely more virtuous. Sometimes he wonders how she would feel if she knew what her darling child was doing in the Overworld. His mother was not one for revenge, and she had loved the Overworld, the land of his father, just as fervently as she had loved him until her last breath.

Well, no matter. She's not here to tell him her feelings, and Jschlatt has too much to do. Runaways to find, Generals to torment, people to win over, revenge to rage, no time for contemplating the ghosts of the past.

Busy, busy, busy is the life of a President.