8.

So we learned  a little bit about Pietro and Wanda's past last chapter. 

Also, this chapter is not going to follow the episode that much, given the circumstances of our protagonist. 

Bialya

September 04, 00:16 EEST

Pietro sat up with a start, looking at his surroundings. He found that he was in a tent that was set up like a temporary laboratory of sorts with a spherical creature having tests run on it. He rubbed his head, looking around to see if anyone noticed him. 

Glad to see you are awake, 'tro. 

Pietro's eyes widened and he looked around for his sister, finding her entering the tent with a pale man with a grotesque head. He winced, recognizing the man. Psimon. 

Sestra, why have you brought me here? You could blow my cover with the team if they see us conversing.

Do not fret, brat drahý, Psimon made them all forget the last six months. They are all wandering the desert hopelessly lost. It is just us, for now. The Martian isn't in range to sense our telepathy and even if she were, she is so out of it that she won't think twice about it. 

Pietro nodded slowly, staring at the spherical creature. 

What is this? Why are they running so many tests on it?

Wanda walked closer to her brother, helping him off the lab table. 

This, Pietro, is a New Genesphere. 

A what?

An artifact from New Genesis. 

Oh. That definitely clears things up. 

The scientists are trying to see if they can turn the sphere into a weapon but so far it has yet to open up. Quite disappointing. 

Pietro eyed Wanda as she stared at the Sphere, sensing something was off about his sister but not able to bring it up due to the powerful psychic standing next to them. Instead, he looked at Psimon. 

Psimon, what is the plan for when m- the team eventually regroups. We all know they will regroup and find their way here when they realize I am missing. What do we do then?

When I sense their approach, I will knock you out and make it look as if we were running experiments on you as well. Can't blow your cover this early, now can we?

No, then nobody would be feeling the aster. 

Pardon?

Nothing. Hey, Wands, I haven't seen you in over two weeks. How are you?

Psimon walked away from the siblings, closer to the Sphere to observe the work the scientists were doing. Wanda watched him, her eyes flickering red before she looked back at her brother. 

I'm okay. I've been very busy, the Light has me doing a lot of work to make up for the fact that you are not here. 

Pietro felt a pang of guilt. 

Wands-

Don't worry, 'tro, I can handle it. Besides, it works out better this way that you are the inside man and I am on the outside. I can, no offense, hold my own psychically against the likes of Queen Bee and Psimon, should they try anything.

Queen Bee has psychic abilities?

No, but her power is to enthrall people attracted to women, so I can resist her. You, on the other hand-