22.

I feel like I needed to do a chapter in between last episode and Insecurity. ((I am not writing about Agendas bc that is all about Conner.))

Undisclosed Location

November 29, 20:38 ???

It had been a week since the mission in Quarac and Wanda was still fuming. Here she was, practically risking her life to ask for help from the team and they turn her away?

Inconceivable. Unacceptable.

How dare they blame her for her parents death? She was a child just discovering her abilities,  unable to control them or understand what was happening to her and they had the audacity to blame her in her moment of weakness, when she came to them seeking asylum?

This will not stand. Wanda will not allow this.

They accept her brother with open arms yet turn her away? Do they fail to see the hypocrisy of it all?

Well, she was going to show them the errors of their way. One way or another, Wanda was going to make them pay.

Letting out a soft gasp, Wanda stared at herself in the mirror that sat across from her bed in her room, noticing the dark red glow in her eyes, the scarlet hue that surrounded her body, the levitating objects that floated around her room.

She was losing control of her emotions and therefore her powers, letting the incident get the better of her. She was turning into something she wasn't, something she swore to Pietro she would never become.

She was becoming a true agent of the Light. And that terrified her to her core.

Mount Justice

November 29, 20:38 EDT

Pietro stood in the bathroom attached to his room, staring in the mirror. Physically, he was at the mountain, but mentally he was back in Harjavti's office with the team and Wanda, imagining how different everything would have gone had the team accepted Wanda.

Would she have been brought back to the mountain? Would he have been exposed as a mole? Would they have been accepted then? Or would they have been turned away, shunned from the team and the League, forced back on the run for the rest of their lives? Or worse, turned over to Sokovian authorities?

Pietro had found a home here and he couldn't risk losing it, and that made him feel sick to his stomach. He had betrayed his sister. And for what? To save his own skin? To protect himself? He had always had a purpose in life, to protect Wanda and keep  her  safe and now here he was, throwing that purpose out the window to be selfish. 

Yelling in a rage, Pietro's fist shot out from his side and punched the mirror, shattering it. Glass shards went flying everywhere, some embedding themselves in his fist. He deserved the pain, it was nothing in comparison to what his twin was feeling because of him. 

He was a terrible person and an even worse brother. 

A knock on his bedroom door brought him out of his mind. 

Pietro sped around the bathroom, cleaning up the glass and bandaging his hand before opening the door to see Zatanna standing there with a concerned expression on her face. He smiled easily at her presence. "Hey, Zee. What's up?"

"I was on my way to get you for movie night when I heard a yell. Is everything okay?" She peeked around the speedster into his room, not noticing anything out of the ordinary. 

Pietro shrugged. "Yeah. I was yelling because I got frustrated with my closet door. No biggie."

"What happened to your hand?" She gestured to the bandages, her brow furrowed. "That wasn't there an hour ago, was it?"