20.

So, anyone expecting that last chapter? Yes? No? ((I am shouting into the Void.))

I also got caught up in watching this episode and forgot to actually write this chapter so I had to go back and rewatch the episode lmao.

Mount Justice

November 11, 15:55 EDT

Pietro was helping the rest of the team set up for Wally's surprise birthday party in the lounge kitchen area when he noticed his opening.

It was too perfect an opportunity to pass up.

Speeding at the can of frosting, it was almost in his hands when he felt a whack on the back of his head. "Hey!" He whirled around to see M'gann holding a spoon telekinetically, eyes narrowed at him. He grinned sheepishly, shrugging. "Sorry, I just love food?"

"And I haven't frosted the cake yet. Now move." She commanded gently.

Pietro obeyed, moving to go stand beside Zatanna, who had seen the whole interaction. She smiled at the silver haired speedster. "It was quite the valiant effort, Pietro. You almost got it."

"Who knew there'd come a day where I was too slow?" He moaned dramatically, causing the ebony haired teen to laugh. He smiled back at her as Robin came into the room.

"Everyone, get ready. He should be here at any moment." He turned off the lights as he went to stand next to everyone else, turning around as he heard footsteps.

The computer turned the lights on as Wally walked into the room.

"Surprise!" They all shouted in unison.

"Wha-at! Oh, you guys! You shouldn't have." Wally acted surprised, putting a hand to his chest.

Robin crossed his arms over his chest, scoffing. "Right, not like you've been hinting for days or anything."

"Okay, birthday boy is here, can I eat cake now?" Pietro asked, bouncing on his toes.

"Slow down, QS. He needs to blow out the birthday candles first." Artemis chuckled.

Robin put a hat on his best friend's head as they gathered around the display of food. "We made two cakes."

"Awesome! What will you guys eat?"

"We'll split the cupcakes." M'gann looked at Pietro when he whined. "We talked about this. Now, Wally, make a wish!"

"Way ahead of you." He blew out the candles and everyone cheered, some saying happy birthday. "You know, if I tell you my wish, it won't come true. But if you guess..."

Pietro rolled his eyes, grabbing a slice of cake when Robin handed him one. He grabbed another, handing it to Zatanna. "So, you settling in here okay?"

"Oh, yeah. It's just like home." She sighed.

"I know this is all very new and intimidating. But I promise you, someday...you'll get used to watching Wally eat." Pietro chuckled.

"Oh, I bet you have much better table manners." Zatanna raised a brow.

"I am a gentleman." Pietro smirked, turning when Artemis approached them.

"Think we should tell him?" She asked.

"Tell who what?" Pietro asked, looking between the two girls. He caught where they were looking and snickered. "Oh, about Supermartian?"

"He's the only one that doesn't know." Robin added.

"Then please...allow me." Artemis walked up to Wally, whispering in his ear.