11

Beakhyun rubbed the back of his neck and glanced towards the man beside him. "Um, Hey Tzuyu." He waved, his arm limp, and straightend himself. He glanced again towards the man, and Tzuyu narrowed her eyes, remembering the day that she caught Beakhyun on their bed, fucking another person. She crossed her arms over her chest and huffed. "Again, I ask. What are you doing here?"

Flinching, Beakhyun ran his fingers through his hair. "Look, I know I shouldn't be showing my face here and stuff. Especially after you caught us.." He bit his *non-existent* lip and eyed the man who nodded at him as a sign of encouragement. "But I just want to apologize for what I did to you." He locked eyes with Tzuyu and for a split second, she was taken back to the time when she loved Beakhyun. Once, but no longer.

"I need to get my stuff back." Beakhyun continued, stepping closer slowly, so Tzuyu wouldn't back away. "And I know it's not much, but it's all I have. And Chanyeol..." He glanced at the man beside him again. "He wants to meet you." Beakhyun ducked his head and smiled, the side of his cheek tilting up to make his laugh lines more prominent. "Or, you know. I can just come back. That's cool too."

Tzuyu gnawed on her bottom lip. It wouldn't take too long for Beakhyun to retrieve his things, she already packed them in boxes. She stepped aside and allowed the two men in her home. She led them upstairs and into the guest room where no one slept in. "It's all in here." Tzuyu told him.

Beakhyun nodded. He smiled and stood there, looking at Tzuyu. She had no idea what was running through his brain, but the fact that Chanyeol, who Tzuyu assumed to be Beakhyun's boyfriend, seemed like a good man. A great guy for Beak. He was well dressed and a head shorter than him. He had a genuine smile, and a proud walk.

"I'll leave you two to it, then." Tzuyu said. Before Beakhyun could say anything else, she stepped out of the guest room and into her bedroom. She locked the door, pressed her back against it, and stared at the beams of sunlight streaming across her neat bed. It felt so unfair to see Beakhyun, happy with someone else, while she stood alone with an empty bed and an empty life, only nourished by the paid hours she was able to spend with Sana.

She took a deep breath and summoned her mask of calm. She will not hide away. She will be strong in front of Beakhyun and Chanyeol, maybe even offer them a snack. Exiting her bedroom, she stalked down the hallway and peered in through the crack of the door. Beakhyun was sitting on the edge of the bed, his hands clasped in Chanyeol's. They were speaking in low murmurs, soft voices that were too private for Tzuyu's ears.
But before she could successfully slink away once more, Chanyeol turned and saw her by the doorway. "Hey, Tzuyu." He smiled easily and stepped back from Beakhyun, yet their hands remained clasped. "Thanks for organizing Beakhyun's stuff in boxes. Our place is small, so it's nice to not have to open the boxes we don't really need."

"It was nothing." Tzuyu said. "I was just wondering, do you two want snacks?

-

In the kitchen, Tzuyu was making a pot of coffee and heating a loaf of bannana bread in the toaster. Beakhyun was telling her about his new job in a grocery store. It was not high paying, he said. But it gives him something to do, and it helps with the groceries since he could get them cheaper.

Tzuyu watched them while she prepared the coffee in the pot. This was not the Beakhyun she was used to. He was lighter, happier, and he often took Chanyeol's hand in his as if he can't do much without him around. She was happy for him, for them. And it was a relief not to hate Beakhyun anymore, even after being cheated on, when it meant that at least...One of them was happy and requited in love.

Ignoring the thoughts in her head, Tzuyu approached the table and served the coffee and the heady scent of the warm, newly-toasted loaf of bannana bread. She sat with the two of them, listening in on their domestic conversation, until Chanyeol turned to her. "Beakhyun and his band are having this gig in a few week's. You should totally come. They've improved since the last time".