8

ctto
~

"Trust me, Samu. It will work," Etsuko reassured her brother over the phone, her voice filled with conviction and determination.

"What if it doesn't?" came his skeptical response, his voice tinged with doubt.

"What the hell is wrong with you? Miya Onigiri's are the best! Franchising here in Tokyo will make you super famous!" Etsuko's voice carried a hint of exasperation, mixed with a touch of excitement.

"Huh?! You're just saying that because I'm your brother." Her brother's voice held a hint of disbelief, as if he couldn't quite fathom the idea.

"Come on. Even Akaashi-san said so. Ushi-san and Tobio-san loved your onigiris as well. Do you even want me to release a survey just so you'll believe my words?" 

"Yeah, yeah." He giggled from the other end of the line, his laughter warm and infectious. It made Etsuko's heart soften, reminding her of the bond they shared. She missed him dearly.

"I'm seriously getting mad at you. You have to make me three bags of onigiri when I get there for reconciliation," Etsuko playfully demanded, her tone laced with a mix of authority and affection.

"Yes, yes, you're the boss anyway." Her brother's voice held a hint of resignation, as if he knew he couldn't argue with her.

"Of course. You have to obey your little sister's commands," Etsuko replied, a mischievous tone in her voice as she teased her brother.

"Whatever you say, dum-dum. Should I make some takoyaki as well?" Her brother's voice held a playful tone, as if he was willing to go along with her requests.

"Really? Are you serious?! Yes, please! I love you so much! Hurry up and make some! Do it as fast as you can! I miss your cooking!" Etsuko's voice was filled with excitement and anticipation, her words tumbling out in a rush.

Etsuko couldn't contain her excitement, jumping up and down in joy. She was thrilled that her brother would be making her favorite food. She couldn't wait to go home.

"Why are you getting so hyped up about takoyaki? There are literally a bunch of street stalls that sell takoyaki around Tokyo, idiot." Her brother's voice held a teasing tone, as if he was gently mocking her.

"I haven't really had the chance to explore Tokyo since I came here. I mean, I'm here to study and work, anyway," Etsuko explained, her voice tinged with a touch of frustration. She knocked the folders on her table to emphasize her point.

"Do you even have time to eat a proper meal, Tsuko? You're a grown lady now. Stop being picky and eat healthy meals, stupid. You can't get married if you keep being like this." Her brother's voice held a mix of concern and exasperation, as if he was scolding her like an older sibling would.

Etsuko let out a deep sigh, her voice filled with a mixture of resignation and understanding. "Yes, yes," she replied, acknowledging his words.

Osamu sensed that she was keeping something from her voice, his tone becoming more observant and perceptive.

"When will that idiot arrive?" he asked, trying to lighten the atmosphere with a touch of humor.

"His flight is today. He'll be here tomorrow evening, I think. The flight from Brazil to Japan is a long haul," Etsuko explained, her voice holding a mix of excitement and anticipation. Etsuko put away her notebooks and laptop, her voice filled with a sense of finality as she prepared to wrap up her work.

"When will you guys arrive here then?" Her brother's voice held a hint of curiosity, as if he was eager to know the details.

"Atsumu said he will stay at the hotel with his team first and have dinner with the company. Hmm, I think we'll be home by Saturday?" Etsuko's voice held a thoughtful tone, as she tried to recall the details of their plans.