17

cttro

~

Etsuko locked herself away in the confines of her room, her sobs echoing through the empty space. The sound of her heartbreak reverberated in the silence, a haunting melody that pierced the very depths of her soul.

The twins, Atsumu and Osamu, returned home late that night, their footsteps heavy with concern as they heard the echoes of Etsuko's pain. They exchanged a knowing glance, understanding the depths of her sorrow without a single word spoken. With heavy hearts, they decided to give her the space she needed, silently praying that time would heal her wounded spirit.

As the morning sun bathed the world in its golden hues, Etsuko awoke with a pounding headache, a physical manifestation of the ache in her heart. Slowly, she descended the stairs, her movements heavy and filled with a sense of emptiness. Osamu had already started preparing breakfast, his actions a comforting routine in the midst of her turmoil.

"Morning, Samu nii-san," she murmured, her voice laced with weariness, as she wrapped her arms around Osamu's waist, seeking solace in his familiar warmth. She nestled her forehead against his back, finding a momentary respite from the weight of her emotions.

Osamu turned his head slightly, planting a soft kiss on her head, his gesture a silent reassurance that he was there for her. "Good morning, Tsuko," he whispered, his voice filled with a tenderness that only a brother's love could hold. "Breakfast is almost ready. Sit down."

Etsuko hummed in response, her body moving on autopilot as she took her place at the table. Resting her head on the cool surface, she closed her eyes, seeking solace in the quietude of the moment. The ache in her chest seemed to intensify, threatening to consume her entirely.

The front door swung open, and Atsumu's voice filled the air as he announced his return. "I'm back!" he called out, his voice a jarring contrast to the heaviness that enveloped the room.

"Welcome home," Etsuko whispered weakly, her voice barely audible, as she felt Atsumu's presence drawing closer to her.

Atsumu approached her with cautious steps, his heart heavy with the weight of her pain. He leaned down, his lips brushing against her head as he left a gentle kiss, his touch a silent reassurance that he would always be there for her.

"Nii-san..." she called out, her voice barely above a whisper, her eyes filled with a mixture of vulnerability and longing.

Atsumu and Osamu exchanged a glance, their hearts breaking at the sight of their sister's pain. Without a word, Osamu nudged Atsumu towards her, urging him to be the one to provide the comfort she so desperately needed. Atsumu begrudgingly obeyed, sitting beside her and offering his shoulder as a resting place for her weary head.

Etsuko leaned into Atsumu's embrace, seeking solace in the warmth of their connection. Atsumu's heart wavered, torn between anger and sadness, as he realized the depth of her pain. He rested his cheek against her head, intertwining their fingers, silently promising to be her pillar of strength.

"You and won't leave me, right?" she whispered, her voice fragile and filled with a hint of desperation.

Atsumu's heart shattered into a million pieces, realizing the extent of her vulnerability. With a heavy heart, Atsumu raised their intertwined hands to his lips, pressing a lingering kiss upon her delicate skin. His gesture was a silent promise, a vow that he would always be there for her, no matter the circumstances. In that tender moment, time seemed to stand still as they held onto each other, seeking solace in the warmth of their bond.

"We will never leave you, Etsuko," Atsumu vowed, his voice filled with a mixture of determination and love. "We are here for you, through thick and thin. You are not alone."