10

cttro

~

As evening descended, Etsuko awoke to the sound of Osamu bustling in the kitchen, his hands skillfully slicing through onions.

"You must be exhausted," Osamu remarked, his voice filled with concern, as Etsuko stretched and yawned. "What's for dinner?" she asked, making her way to the fridge to grab a glass of water.

"Atsumu wanted tuna, but I also made your favorite. No worries," Osamu replied, a playful glint in his eyes.

Etsuko eyed him challengingly. "Oh, yeah?" she said, taking a gulp of water. "And what might my favorite dish be?"

"Yakitori," they both replied in unison.

"You're my brother!" Etsuko cheered, her excitement causing her to jump up and down.

"Watch it! The water's spilling!" Osamu warned, but it was too late. Etsuko lost her balance and landed on her backside, the glass cup shattering into pieces.

"Yikes, sorry," she giggled, looking at the mess she had made.

Atsumu heard the commotion and rushed into the kitchen. "Are you okay? What happened?" he asked, concern etched on his face.

"She slipped, Tsumu. She bloody slipped," Osamu stated matter-of-factly.

"Are you hurt?!" Atsumu's worry was palpable.

"Calm down, you two idiots. Just help me stand up," Etsuko requested, trying to regain her composure.

"Oh, right," Atsumu replied, crouching down to assist Etsuko while Osamu collected the broken glass pieces.

Etsuko awkwardly laughed. "Sorry, sorry."

"Does your butt hurt?" Atsumu asked, genuine concern in his voice.

"Yeah, woah! That sure brought me back to my senses," Etsuko jokingly remarked, but Atsumu and Osamu didn't seem amused.

"I'm fine, I'm fine," she reassured them.

"Etsuko, seriously," Atsumu sighed, facepalming. He joined Osamu in cleaning up the mess. 

In that moment, Etsuko couldn't help but appreciate the love and adoration she felt from her siblings. Being cherished and adored by her brothers was a feeling that she cherished deeply. 

Capturing the lighthearted moment, Etsuko cheekily snapped a photo and posted it on her social media, captioning it, 'First night with them, and I already made a mistake 😶'.

Within seconds, a direct message popped up from Suna.

GoodlookingFox: Troublesome. Why are you in my territory?
7:01 pm

Miya.Eukooo: This is also my hometown, ugly fox.

GoodlookingFox: Until when?
7:02 pm

Miya.Eukooo: What the? I just got here! Why would you ask me when will I leave?

GoodlookingFox: Just because.
7:04 pm

Miya.Eukooo: ...

GoodlookingFox: Whatever. I'll go there tommorow.
7:04 pm

Miya.Eukooo: I never said you could step in my house, ugly fox.

GoodlookingFox: I never said I needed your approval. ugly dog.
7:06 pm

Miya.Eukooo: You're not invited.

GoodlookingFox: I invited myself.
7:07 pm

Miya.Eukooo: ...

GoodlookingFox: ...
7:07 pm

"Argh! That's it!" Etsuko groaned, frustration evident as she slammed her phone onto the counter.

"You startled me!" Atsumu exclaimed, clutching his chest and taking deep breaths.

Osamu looked at her in confusion. "What's wrong with you?"

"That damn fox never changes! Annoying as ever!"

"Rin?" Osamu questioned.

"Who else? He said he'll be here tomorrow. That ugly fox never fails to irritate me," Etsuko fumed, her annoyance palpable.

"Beats me." Atsumu shrugs. "You guys are best friends." 

As Etsuko muttered curses under her breath, her phone beeped, causing her eyes to widen. It wasn't the message itself that surprised her, but rather the sender - someone she never expected to hear from again.

Mr.PerfectKita: Welcome back, Etsuko-san.
7:22 pm

As Etsuko processed the unexpected message from Shinsuke, her mind was still buzzing with the playful banter between her and her brothers. She looked up from her phone, meeting the curious gazes of Atsumu and Osamu.

"What's going on, Etsuko?" Atsumu asked, his brows furrowed with concern.

Etsuko let out a sigh, her gaze shifting between her brothers. "It's nothing, just an old acquaintance reaching out," she replied, trying to brush off the significance of the message.

Osamu leaned against the counter, his arms crossed. "An old acquaintance, huh? Is it someone we know? our old captain perhaps?"

Etsuko hesitated for a moment, debating whether to share the details. But she knew her brothers well, and they had always been there for her. "It's Shinsuke," she finally admitted, her voice tinged with a mix of nostalgia and uncertainty. 

Atsumu's eyes widened, a mix of surprise and protectiveness washing over his face. "Shinsuke-san?"

She nodded, her gaze dropping to the floor. "Yeah, that's him. I never expected to hear from him again. Actually I do. It's just... I wasn't sure how to face him again." she admitted, her voice tinged with a mix of apprehension and vulnerability.

Etsuko took a deep breath, trying to gather her thoughts and emotions. She offered a small smile, appreciating her brothers' unwavering support. "I haven't told you about it, but Kenma and I are not on good terms," she revealed, her voice carrying a hint of sadness and resignation.

Atsumu's eyes widened, a mix of surprise and worry washing over his face. "You good?" he asked, his voice filled with genuine concern.

Etsuko nodded, her smile faltering slightly. "I'm trying to be," she replied, her voice laced with a mixture of sadness and determination. "It wasn't an easy decision, but sometimes, things just don't work out the way we hope. I can't always be by his side. Same goes for him. He can't always be with me." 

Osamu and Atsumu remain silent, unsure what to say with the sudden bomb thrown at them. "I'm fine, really. It's just a bit unexpected. But I don't think I want to dwell on it right now. I'm here with both of you, and that's what matters." Etsuko reassures them.

Atsumu nodded, his voice filled with determination. "You're right, Etsuko. We're here for you, always."

Osamu chimed in, his tone gentle yet firm. "You always have us. Just remember that."

Etsuko felt a surge of warmth and gratitude for her brothers. They had always been her pillars of strength, and their unwavering support meant the world to her. She looked at them, her eyes shining with affection.

"Thank you, both of you," she said, her voice filled with emotion. "I'm grateful to have you by my side."

Atsumu pulled Etsuko into a tight embrace, his voice filled with love. "We're family, Etsuko. We'll always be here for you."

Osamu joined in the embrace, his voice soft yet resolute. "No matter what happens."

In that moment, surrounded by the love and support of her brothers, Etsuko felt a renewed sense of strength and determination. Whatever challenges lay ahead, she knew she could overcome them with her family by her side.