twenty

I place the journal in front of Professor Sinistra. I have finally finished reviewing the results he and I found. "Thank you, Miss King. I trust this project helped you see a lot of things." She smiles pertaining to me seeing the skies at night. She's right I did see a lot of things.

I did not tell Cedric I already submitted the journal, besides he need to stay focused on the tournament. Cho's helping him a lot with that. I walk through the halls, these past few days were not busy because Dumbledore suspended most of the classes for the tournament. I was walking to the library when I walk past Cedric's group of friends. "I heard you've got the hint from Fleur about the second task Diggory?" A friend asks him. He nods. I walk past and head to the library.

Draco sits in front of me. "Still being a douche?" He asks pertaining to Cedric avoiding and ignoring my existence. "A lot like a douche." I smile eyeing the black velvet box in my cousin's hands. He opens it revealing a Victorian style locket. 'You are my Patronus' scribbled in the Gold.

I smile and nod. "Azra would love that. For the Yule?" I ask him, He nods. "You're going with?" He asks me, I shrug. "I hear Masen's trying to ask you." Draco says. "Oh," I react unamused. "I'll tell him to go with you okay?" Draco assures so I nod.

"Pssst! Cedric! Cho's not here!" Draco and I eye a Hufflepuff who was whispering to Cedric who was standing by the shelf near us. Cedric nods to the Hufflepuff and leaves to probably find Cho. Draco gritting his teeth. "You should probably ask Azra now, before Woo-" He stands up in a hurry. "I'll talk to Masen to talk to you." Then he rushes out.

I walk by the bathroom in the first floor, I really have to pee so bad. Girls rarely enter this because of Myrtle but I'm not really bothered by her. I sit down the toilet.

"Hey!" Myrtle pops up from the tile wall. "Hey! Slytherin Girl." She repeats. "Wait a damn minute Myrtle I'm trying to focus here." Myrtle laughs, "Go ahead." I rush out the cubicle to wash my hands.

"Hey," She greets. "Hi." I say drying my hands. "Thanks for peeing here, nobody enters." Myrtle whines. "My bladder says You're welcome." I smile. "So about your boyfriend," She starts off. "Who?" I ask, "That one Hufflepuff guy! Ghosts and creatures all know you're dating, we see you by the lake!" Myrtle smiles, fixing her glasses. "Anyways, Good Choice girl!" Myrtle giggles. "The other day he was bathing and soaking a Golden egg in the water and may I tell you, his cheekbones aren't the only things strong and prominent in his body." "Goodbye Myrtle!" I rush out the restroom still embarrassed.

"Hi, Nicodemius." Masen Cullen stands in my way, a 5th year Slytherin. In his hands some white tulips... not my favorite. "Would you want to go to the Yule Ball with me?" I take too long to answer, "Don't worry, Draco and your uncle already approved." Right.. Uncle.. I nod, H e smiles and hands me the tulips, his friends teasing him behind.

-

"Mother, Father." I sit down. They excused me from classes again to have dinner. "You're hair's gone long. I should trim it later." I nod to what my Mother suggests. "I heard Hogwarts is still hosting this pathetic event." Father begins, I nod. "Something's drawing nearer Nicodemius. Always be prepared to follow whatever we tell you." I nod again. "Yes Father."

-

It's the night of the Yule Ball and I feel as awful as ever in my white gown. My mother chose it for me. It's a white off the shoulder dress with a sweet-heart neckline, the sleeves are loose white Tulle that cinch on my wrists, the bodice embroidered with a circular Victorian pattern.

"I think white looks great on you cousin." I tell Draco. "It'll match whatever color Azra's dress is." We part ways Draco off to fetch Azra. I see Masen at the bottom of the stairs. He smiles. He was in a Gray suit. "Your beauty is intoxicating, Nicodemius." I smile at him. We start walking to the great hall which is now decorated with dazzling linen and orbs looking like a wonderland.

"A dance is starting." Masen looks down at me. I see Cedric and Cho dancing in the middle. She looks very beautiful. He looks.... like a dream.

Afterwards I see Draco and Azra dancing in the corner as the ambiance begins to radiate warmth due to the couples filling up the space. "May I?" Masen offers me his hand. It's cold. Unlike someone I know. Masen and I's hands are like two blocks of ice against each other as we dance to the orchestra. "I reckon you want to go back?" Masen , after a few minutes of dancing. I nod, asking him to not accompany me anymore and enjoy the rest of his night.