twenty eight

Nicodemius King

"Where's Azra?" I ask Draco who entered my room. Draco was able to get us back to Hogwarts to spend the nights here. Mother said it would also be easier to be from the inside during the attack.

"She's... away." I felt Draco's sadness with every breath. "And Cedric?" He asks me, sitting down on my bed.

"I don't know." I stare out the window, seeing ripples of the lake above us. Draco knew not to say anything else. I know we both have a lot on our minds. It's difficult. Even breathing seems like a chore.

"I think you need to get some air." Draco suggests after a while. I put on my coat and leave without a word. Draco was right. Whatever was in there, was suffocating and deathly. I quietly pace about the halls of Hogwarts. Since Snape became our Headmaster, a lot has changed. I, of course knew about Potter's friends. They were quiet but I refuse to believe that they're giving up. I don't know what might happen. I just know that one night we would just hear a commotion, and that would be our sign... to ruin Hogwarts, to let them in.

I was careful to not get caught by the Deputy Headmistress and the other carrows. I wouldn't want father to hear of me getting in trouble especially now that it's a crucial time of preparation.

I head for anywhere, I want to be alone. I didn't want to go to the lake. Just remembering everything is heart wrenching.

I walk around aimlessly. The cold numbing every bit of my body. My ragged breaths are the only sound that echo the halls. "Please... anywhere." I beg to no one. I need a place to think. I came accross a huge wall, slowly forming a door. This must be it. "Room of requirements." I whisper to myself.

I enter, the room was empty and dark. There was a fireplace lit, the cracking fire made sounds throughout. I chuckle to myself despite being near tears. The room must've known that I was freezing.

I sat on the floor in front of the fire thoughts drifting into everything that's happening. I wonder where is he. I wish he was here but I also wish him gone. I wish him gone, away from all of this. I burry my face onto my knees. The cinders and ashes play around my feet seemingly dancing.

Tears unwillingly pooled my eyes. I wasn't aware until they dropped, wetting the knee part of my trousers.

"I never loved you Cedric Diggory."

My words from that time echo in my thoughts. I can't breathe.

"It wasn't true Cedric."

"I was lying Cedric."

"I have never felt this for anyone else in my life."

"I'm so sad Cedric."

"Why did I have to meet you if I have no choice but to lose you?"

I mumble and whisper endlessly the words I wanted him to hear.

I started drifting to sleep with the cracking of the fireplace as my lullaby. I could hardly breathe after crying.

I heard the walls rumble making me open my eyes. There he was. Cedric Diggory, in all his brightness and all his goodness, except his eyes depict anything but happiness.

He walks and sits beside me. His nose red from the cold, or something else. I don't even want to think about him crying.

I sit quietly looking at my feet. Until I feel droplets of water on my hand. I know that it wasn't mine.

"I told you to go away." My voice was quivering. It took a while before he responded. "You did."

Just his voice is enough to almost break every wall I ever built.

"Why are you here Diggory?"  My vision blurred but I tried hard to avoid crying.

He didn't answer. Not a word.

"How did you find me?" I ask again.

"I really wanted to see you." The room of requirements must've helped him.

"Why are you here Cedric?" I repeated my first question. I gather all the courage that I had and look up to him, who was already staring at me like i'm going to vanish any time.

"I'm here because..." His eyes search my face, longing. "because it doesn't make sense Sly." I grit my teeth. "What doesn't make sense Cedric? I told you to stay away." My voice raising.

"It doesn't make sense for you not to love me. not even a bit."

and then I realized that he wouldn't be here if he didn't believe in my love for him.

I stand up, not being able to take it all.
"I told you to stay away from here. Don't make it harder for me. I need to be with the people important to me."

I feel him behind me.

"When you say people important to you.." He questions.

"I meant Malfoy and my Family, No one else." My voice shakes and I couldn't feel my knees.

As I was leaving I heard hin sniffle, "Every damn day I wonder, how does it feel to be important to you?"

Cedric you already are.