Chapter 3

Jill's POV

"I believe you can focus more now that Sam's safe." Kim said as we ran towards the second floor.

"Yes! Thank's for understanding."

"That's what partner's do." We bumped fist and raced towards the second floor where the hostage were taking place.

When we got back to the scene, the SWAT captain was already shaking his head, perhaps our perp was not open to talking.

"Officers!" The Sgt. Collins called us. "Go to these address and escort his mother." We were then told that her mother was probably asleep and unaware of the situation since she worked until the wee hours serving tables and must be sleeping. It's also not a very good idea to inform a love one via phone so we were given the task to escort her. The mother was unaware of what was her.

"On it sir!" Kim and I ran back to our cruiser.

My partner turned the siren on so we can get to the area as fast as we could but she did turned the sirens off but kept the lights as we rounded the corner.

The moment she hit the brakes and pulled the hand brake, we were off the car.

She knocked on the door while I survey the area. "This is the police, open up."

After a few more knocks, a woman who in di shelved figure answered the door. She got some bruises and cut on her face. Her hair was all over the place and it looked like she just woken up. "May I help you?"

"Ma'am? Are you Martha O'Neal? Mother of Benjamin O'Neal?"

She nodded. "Why? Is something wrong?"

"Yes ma'am, we have a situation at the school."

"Oh my goodness! What happened to my boy?" She asked in panic.

"It's better if you come with us." Without hesitation, she followed us to the car.

"Can you tell me what's happening? And where are we going?" She asked from the back seat.

"We're going to Ben's school ma'am."

"Why?"

"Benjamin has taken a group of students hostage and he has a bomb placed on his chest."

"That can't be! You're lying."

"Please ma'am, calm down and we should reach the university soon."

I could see the pain in Mr's O'Neal's heart. It showed that she truly cared about her son. Also, the bruises and cut in her face was bothering me so I make sure to follow-up on that later.

When we reached the university, we saw that the SWAT team and out lieutenant were all in the make shift command center.

Just what the hell happened?

We also saw a patrol car that was being occupied by our perp. "Benjamin!" Her mother yelled as she saw him too.

Kim secured the car and we all got out including the mother. "What happened?"

"Benjamin!" I turned around and saw Martha being restrained by two officers as she was trying to reach for her son.

"Jerkins! Yang! As much as I hate to admit this, one student played hero and fortunately it turned out well." He paused and continued. "She managed to subdue him and helped secure the bomb."

"So what's the deal with Benjamin?"

"Apparently, he was bullied. Both at home and school."

"That figures..." I uttered.