Promises are too hard to keep. (Shino x [M] Reader)

THE ART IS NOT MINE, CREDIT TO THE ORIGINAL ARTIST!

{Third POV}

Two childhood friend were sitting on the old, rusty swingset that they used to play on when they were small children. Feeling the breeze move through their hair, curiosity struck one of the lads and just couldn't stay silent anymore "Shino, I have a question"

The hazel haired boy broke his zone out and tilted his head, indicating that he was listening and was curious, he never was one for talking.

"Do you intend to keep your promise that you made when we were kids?"

Promise?

What promise?

Shino has made alot of them, but he can't remember which one (M/N) could be possibly talking about.

"Explain please." He looked at the (H/C) teen with inquisitive eyes, though he couldn't see it due to his jet black glasses

"You promised that you would stay by my side forever, and no one would abandon the other one. You promised you would be my partner-in-crime forever and ever." The (E/C) eyed teen have a half-hearted chuckle, although it didn't sound like he was enjoying himself.

Shino's stomach churned at the thought of being with someone forever. Forever is such a long time, how could he possibly make it to the forever mark?

But he remained an unfazed look, why would he promise that!? It was impossible to keep it!

It's not like he wasn't going to try to keep it, because that's the right thing. The thing that he is supposed to do.

Staying his friend forever.

What happens if he didn't want that?

No, he wants something else–

Something more than just friends.

You see, Shino and (M/N) had grown close, but that wasn't very good.

Now, Shino had..grown attached to (M/N), more than attached.

He loved him.

Loved.

Isn't that a conundrum?

The quiet kid, never having many friends and thought to be destined to be alone forever, fell inlove with someone.

Now isn't that funny?

"Yes, I suppose I did promise that."  Shino looked to the ground and smiled and looked back to (M/N) "Why do you ask?"

"I don't know, I remembered it randomly and thought it was funny, I just wanted to bring it up." (M/N) swung on the swings just a bit to ward off the boredom he would face if he didn't do anything else "And because if I brought it up, I wanted to hear what you would say."

"I see, well if you'd like me to answer, I'll anwser truthful." Taking a breath to plot out his words, he looked back at (M/N), who stopped swinging but still didn't return his gaze

"I  want to stay with you forever." He cupped (M/N)'s (S/C) cheek, making him look at Shino after what seemed to be forever without eye contact.

"But I won't be able to do it in a friend way, I can't do that. I can't be your friend (M/N). I want to stay with you, but in a more intimate way."

The teen was at a loss for words, what do you say to that? Casually say to your childhood friend that you love him too and want to be with him? That's way too hard to do, what do you want him to say? Do you want him to reject it? Do you want him to accept?

Frankly he was. . .happy about Shino liking him like that. (M/N) liked the Aburame, he liked how he talked softly but confidently, he made the (E/C) teen feel alright. He made him feel. . .Safe, he always enjoyed how Shino could make him feel fine.

(M/N) removed Shino's hands from his face, but replaced it with a small kiss. Shino didn't smile much, but he couldn't stop from, his lips curling up into one.

"I'd love that Shino, I want to stay with you."  Those were the only words that flowed from (M/N)'s mouth that Shino craved to hear, but still couldn't shake something off. That four letter word that haunted the back of his mind and couldn't peice together why he hated it.

Stay.

Stay..

Stay?

Please, won't they stay together forever?

Nothing mattered anymore.

Shino had (M/N) all to himself now, no one elses.

Couldn't (M/N) see how he had Shino wrapped around his finger?

Maybe he was blind and oblivious?

Or possibly he wanted to be ignorant and pretended to not see the obvious fact?

Didn't matter anymore, they were together, intertwined and forever for one another.

Marriage without all the complicated steps, that's what it was really like.

||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

Originally made: 12/25/20

Revised: 6/25/21