The school year begins

September 2, 1994

Skylar's pov:

I wake up to the sound of my alarm at 6:30am, I slowly wake up, yawning with a stretch then I start getting ready for the day.

I wear dress pants, a dress shirt and a cardigan. Being a little more casual than yesterday but still Professional for an assistant.

Once I finish getting ready I put my wand in my pocket, I still keep my wand that I used in school. It suited me perfectly. I didn't plan on getting a new one unless something happened to it.

I check myself once over in the mirror then at 6:50 I head to the dining hall and see the hall is starting to fill with students and the professors including professor dumbledore, are already sitting up at the teacher's table.

I am greeted by some of the professors including dumbledore and I greet them back as I take my seat. I was still feeling a bit tired which was odd since I went to bed really early last night but I don't show my tiredness.

At 7 breakfast begins once all the students are seated and we have a lovely breakfast.

Once I finish eating I remember what Professor snape told me and I head to his classroom to make sure things are ready for the first lesson.

I get there after a couple minutes or so and go inside. Nothing really changed from the last time I was here two years ago. I start to clean up the classroom and make sure things were neat and tidy.

After several minutes or so I hear footsteps and look up seeing Professor snape entering.

Professor snape- "for today's lesson miss dove, the students will be learning how to make the wiggenweld potion. You know of the potions's effects correct?" He gives me a look that says he expects me to know the answer.

"yes Professor, it's a healing potion. It's powers cure injuries and it is an antidote to the sleeping draught & the draught of living death"

Professor snape- "correct. Now I would like you to write down the ingredients on the board and once the lesson starts  I will explain to the class how to make it correctly. If any of them mess up, I will decide if you help them or not like I told you last night."  He says sternly

I nod and start writing down each of the ingredients for this potion on the blackboard. I didn't even need to look down at a list or textbook to know the ingredients it's not a hard list to remember, to me anyways.

Once i finish, I look at Professor snape to see what else he would like me to do. He surveys the classroom and sees it all cleaned up and organized since I finished doing so a few minutes before he arrived.

Professor snape- "everything looks in order, now"
he takes out his wand and uses it to create a teachers desk for me near his desk 

Professor snape- "you got a desk of your own if I ever need you to grade students work. That will be rare though"

I nod "thank you professor"

Professor snape just brushes it off, I know he isn't one for compliments or thank yours.

Once it's 8 am all the students file in for the first potions lesson of the day. Students consist of gryffindor & slytherin.

Professor snape looks upon the gryffindors like they were worthless & pointless while at Slytherins like they were saints. He doesn't greet the class which wasn't something that surprised me, and just told them right away which potion they were doing, the list of ingredients on the board and tell them to get started.

Professor snape- "and before any of you gryffindors ask, none of you can ask miss dove for help, except for Slytherins"

A student with a round & nervous looking face spoke up

Neville- "that's not fair!"

Professor snape glares at him "life isn't fair longbottom, for speaking against my instructions, 10 points from gryffindor"

I knew that was coming, anytime a student not in slytherin says or asks something Professor snape doesn't like, he usually takes points away, gives detention or both. He typically doesn't punish Slytherins since he's one himself.

The boy sighs and goes back to work, after a few minutes it looks like he's struggling on how to make it while a girl with bushy hair from gryffindor tries helping him out without getting caught by Professor snape.

I sit at the desk and watch over the students as they work. Professor snape strolls around the room watching at how students are doing on the potion with his cold stone faced look upon his face.

At the end of class he marks down how the students did on this potion on the grading papers on his clipboard. Most of them looking like zeros for the gryffindors except for the bushy haired girl named hermione granger who followed the steps exactly. He scowls & gives her good marks.

When the bell rings the students seem to hurry out of there, guess they don't like this class that much because of how Professor snape goes about his lessons.

I start to clean up after the mess in the classroom which is a little bit, but it's not too bad for the most part. while I do so, Professor snape goes and sits at his desk going over his grade sheet for that particular group of students, to make sure he got everyone Then sets his papers down.

He looks up and watches with his dull dark eyes as I finish cleaning the room and set it back up for the next lesson.

Professor snape- "well done miss dove" he says with his usual monotone voice

"Thank you Professor"

It kind of surprised me to receive a compliment from Professor snape. But since I made top marks and did very well in class he would inform me now and then how well I was doing.

Soon the next class begins and it goes on pretty much the same as the first one did. This didn't seem so bad even though it was the first day.

When lunch time approaches I make sure the classroom is cleaned up and head to the dining hall. I get there when it begins, sitting at my spot and Professor snape joins at his seat a few minutes later and lunch begins once everyone is seated like normal.

We all have a nice lunch and then it's off for the next lessons for the day. Professor snape and I go back to his classroom once lunch is finished and Professor snape teaches his last classes for the day which ends a couple or hours later.

The last class leaves for the day and I clean up the room once more. Professor snape finishes grading his last class and stands up.

He looks over at me

Professor snape- "miss dove"

I look back at him "yes Professor?"

Professor snape- "you're aware that you can use magic to clean up the room instead of being on hands and knees cleaning by hand, it would be easier"

"I know Professor but, I don't know, I guess I like cleaning this way and it doesn't take too long or me really"

Professor snape looks at me for a moment, I could tell he thought it was odd but brushes it off

Professor snape- "whichever method works for you miss dove"

Professor snape leaves & goes off to dinner in the great hall. I arrive a few minutes later once I finish cleaning & organizing, then we have a nice dinner with the rest of the students and staff.

I head off to my room after dinner once the halls clear out, classes were done for the day so I was able to relax the rest of the day till tomorrow when it's the second day of classes.

I go inside after I whisper my password, close my door then lay down in bed once I change into pajamas then close my eyes & slowly fall asleep,