Skylar's birthday

May 9, 1995

Skylar's pov:

A few months has passed since snape's birthday and the school year is flying by faster than I expected.

The school year ends in a little over a month at the end of June.

these past few months have been some of the most enjoyable and fun times of my life. And being a professor's assistant and advice from other professors have been a lot of help in gaining experience.

I know it's going to benefit me in the future when I do become a professor. I hoped to eventually work here at hogwarts if Professor dumbledore would allow me to. I know I said it before but hogwarts has always been a second home for me and some of my best memories have been made here, both when I was a student and now as an assistant.

I hoped I can come back in the next school year and continue assistanting snape & his classes. I'm sure he wouldn't mind since we're together now.

Speaking of our relationship our relationship has grown stronger with every moment we had together. Especially during special occasions like the Yule ball, the New Years eye party & snape's birthday.

Today is my birthday & i'm officially now 22 years old. Which I couldn't believe, time goes by fast the older you get.

I wondered if snape and I were going to do anything for my birthday. It was now Saturday and since there was no classes over the weekend, students can relax around the castle or go hang out where ever students were allowed.

I didn't make a big deal out of my birthday but I was thinking him and I could spend it together. I was currently laying on my bed reading a book when I hear something slide under my door.

I place a bookmark where I left off, set my book on the bed then walk over to my door to see a note there. I pick it up and start to read.

"Miss dove, Meet me in the room of requirements right after dinner.

P.s. happy birthday

Love,
Severus "Snape "

I smile when I read the note and sit back on my bed as I set the note on my nightstand next to the bed. I wondered what he has planned after dinner.

Probably birthday dessert and some quiet alone time just us two. Which sounded perfect to me. Any time with him was amazing, I could always feel my love for him grow stronger with every moment we spend together.

Once dinner time has arrived I go down to the great hall with everyone else and have a lovely dinner as we always do.

After I finish my meal, I clean up then exit the great hall and head to the room of requirements. I been in there a couple times when I was a student and it was nice to go to a room that alters to whatever room you want.

After a few minutes I get to the outside of the room and see a door already there and knew snape was already inside waiting for me.

I open the door and once I step inside I see a table for two in the middle of the room with rose petals spread around and beautiful hanging lights above. Along with a birthday cake on the table and two glasses of butter beer. It was breathtaking

Snape was standing there watching to see how I react.

I close the door behind me and smile at you  "wow.. Severus this is beautiful"

Severus cracks a little smile

Snape- "I'm glad you like it, shall we?" He motions to the table

I smile and nod as we take our seats across from each other at the table. He then takes out his wand and used it to light the candles on the cake

Snape- "make a wish"

I smile and close my eyes as I blow out the candles then open them again

Snape- "what did you wish for miss dove?"

I smile "I can't tell you that, it will ruin the surprise"

Snape- "oh alright" he smiles a little

Then he cuts a slice of cake for the each of us and we start eating and enjoy our cake with our butter beers. Cake with butter beer is  such a delicious combination.

We enjoy our cake then once we are done Snape stands up and goes to grab something then comes back to me and holds out a small wrapped box.

I stand up in front of him,  take the box, gently unwrap it and open it and inside was a snake designed ring with emeralds for the eyes

I smile at him "wow Severus, this is beautiful"

Snape- I thought you would like it."

I put the ring on as it fit perfectly

Snape- "and it's not just an ordinary ring. It's a promise ring. I know we only been together for a few months now but I already know that I love you and I promise to always love you"

My heart swelled at his words

I smile and hug him "I love you too Severus"

He hugs back, embracing me into his chest gently.

I realized the ring matched with my emerald necklace that he got for me for Christmas, it was perfect.

Snape- "happy birthday skylar"

"Thank you Severus" I smile

Snape- "I hope you had a great birthday"

"I did, you made it the best birthday I could have hoped for"

Snape- "I'm glad I was able to do so for you"

he leans down and kisses me softly, and I return the kiss happily, smiling into the kiss.