The first task

November 24, 1994

*after lunch*

Skylar's pov:

Today was the day of the first task of the triwizard tournament. After lunch Professor dumbledore assembles the great hall's attention.

Professor dumbledore- "it is now time for everybody to head down to the stands for the first task. Mr bagman you may lead the champions down to the tent where they will wait their name is called one by one to perform the first task"

Ludo bagman a bitter man with the face almost like a child and blue eyes leads the four champions of the tournament down to where they will be waiting their turn then myself, the other professors, other staff members and all the students from each school head down to the field where the first task will be taking place.

I sit with the professors and other members of the staff where we are supposed to sit, near the judges's table while all the students fill up the rest of the stand.

We sit there and wait for the first task begins.

Ludo bagman points his wand to his voice then casts a spell to make his voice heard throughout the stands

Ludo bagman- "good afternoon ladies and gentlemen and welcome to the first task of the triwizard tournament. Today the four champions will be conducting a task that will be designed to test their daring."

Then before we know it a Swedish Short-Snout dragon appears in the middle of the field.

Ludo bagman- "each champion will have to capture the golden egg from the dragon they have picked. They must not destroy or have the dragon destroy the other eggs in the process which will deduct points. Now the first one up is Cedric diggory!"

The crowd errupts in cheers as he enters the field and looks up at the dragon.

I watch him, I couldn't imagine being in that situation although I am confident deep down I would be afraid to be in front of a fifty foot dragon.

Ludo Batman- "and begin!"

The hogwarts students cheer for Cedric as he begins the task. We wonder what he will do to capture the golden egg.

He first transfigures a boulder into a Labrador dog, which diverts the attention of the dragon long enough to let him steal the egg.

It takes him about 15-20 minutes but he does it successfully.  It took a bit longer than expected since the dragon decided at the last minute to abandon the dog and focused back on Cedric which earned him a burn on the side of his face.

Cedric diggory goes back into the tent and I assume gets aided in the medical tent by Madam Pomfrey.

Next steps out Fleur Delacour who stands in front of a new dragon- the Common Welsh Green. Ludo bagman announces for her to begin then she starts her task.

Fleur Delacour attempts to charm her dragon into a trance. This worked & the dragon snored and because of the resulting flame, it set her robes alight. But in about a few minutes less than Cedric, she captures the golden age, resulting in the beauxbatons cheering for her.

She goes back into the tent once she is finished and the third champion to step out is victor krum, his dragon is the Chinese Fireball, which is a smaller dragon compared to the first two.

Victor krum begins his task and the durmstrang cheer for him as he goes. He uses the Conjunctivitus Curse but the dragon thrashed around in a rage and damaged other eggs. Which will cause him to lose points.

And lastly the crowd cheers loudly as Harry Potter steps out and meets with his dragon- Hungarian Horntail , which is the most dangerous dragon out of the bunch.

The whistle blows and he begins. Everybody watches him cast the Summoning Charm to call his Firebolt. Once it reaches him he starts tempting the dragon to rise away from the golden egg. Once he rears the dragon away it leaves the eggs unguarded, causing him to quickly scooped up the egg and finished the task with the highest points.

The whole crowd cheers for him loudly since he was the fastest to complete the task.

Each champion receive their scores:

Harry & krum tie with the highest score: 40 points

The dragons are then taken away safely and everybody leaves the stands, heading back to the castle.

We all get back into the castle and the students are free for the rest the day. And once dinner comes around the gryffindors celebrate Harry's good job in the first task.

I smile seeing them so happy and once dinner is set we all start eating.

Professor Snape looks over at me

Professor Snape- "how come you're so happy miss dove?" He says is monotone voice

I look over at him "I'm just happy that hogwarts is doing well so far in the triwizard tournament that's all Professor"

Professor Snape- "yes I suppose that is well.. except Mr diggory should have gotten the higher score instead of Potter"

"Why does it matter Professor? Our house is still doing well it shouldn't matter who. And besides if Harry wasn't in the tournament, durmstang would be in the lead right now." i look at him curiously

Professor Snape looked a little taken back for a moment and he could tell why I was wondering why he has a problem with Harry

Professor Snape- "I suppose you are correct miss dove"

he drops the conversation but I could tell he still thinks the same way and that I didn't change his mind

Once dinner is over I leave the table and head to my room. I go inside and close the door once I tell the portrait the password. I go into my bathroom/shower only connected to my room, take a nice relaxing shower then go lay in bed once I change into pajamas & brush my teeth.

I lay there in bed thinking about how the first task went and I was happy hogwarts was winning so far. Seeing Harry Potter in action was really cool as well, I knew he was talented wizard & quidditch seeker from what I heard and it was true. I knew he was going to get even better with each task.

I also think about when I went to hogsmeade last week. It was fun going to back to honeydukes and my other favorite shops. As well as getting a nice cold butter beer, it was one of my favorite drinks.

Tomorrow was the last day of the week before the weekend once again and I couldn't wait. I let my thoughts drift me off to sleep.