The date

December 28, 1994

Skylar's pov:

We were all still on Christmas break and classes will resume January 1st.

But today was the day Severus & I are going on our first date.

He informed me yesterday that he was going to pick me up from my sleeping quarters at 2:30 and then he was going to take me to the three broomsticks for a couple butter beers.

It's been a while since I had a butter beer, I have gone for once since I graduated from hogwarts but I couldn't really remember the last time I went to the three broomsticks for one.

It was currently 12 pm. Earlier I organized & cleaned Professor snape's classroom since I didn't have anything else to do, Severus and I talked shortly while I did so which was nice.

Since the night of the Yule ball we started talking a little bit more since we established our feelings for each other basically. Without really saying it out loud.

Now I was just laying on my bed reading a book as I wake for 2:30 to arrive.

I was wondering how the date was going to go. I never really been on a date before.

No one has said anything about what's going on between Severus and I, but it didn't seem like anyone minded, we're both adults after all & can decide whether we should be together or not.
Even though he isn't my boyfriend just yet, I wasn't going to ask just yet since it's only going to be our first date after all.

At 1:50 I get off my bed and start getting ready for the date. I put on a pair of black skinny jeans, a black off the shoulder top and thick heeled boots . Then I do my hair in wavy curls and do my makeup: my base makeup with winged eyeliner & a vanilla scented lip gloss. Keeping it nice and simple.

I looked in the mirror once I'm done to make sure I looked presentable.

Eventually 2:30 comes around and I hear a knock on my room door.

I put my wand and wallet in my pocket then I walk over to my door and answer it. There stood Severus Snape in his black cape and uniform like he does everyday. It suited him very well.

Professor Snape- "hello miss dove"

I smile a little "hi Severus"

Professor Snape- "are you ready to go?" He says in his monotone voice

I nod "I am"

We shut my door then I let him lead the way as we leave the castle and head to hogsmeade.

We get there after several minutes or so and we head towards the the three broomsticks then go inside and take our seats at one of the booths, me on one side and Severus on the other.

Madam Rosmerta comes over to our table and is surprised to see me and Severus sitting with each other. She knew us both since I came here a lot before I graduated and obviously she knew Severus, everyone does.

Madam rosmerta- "good afternoon Severus, skylar. How are you two doing today? Would you two like a couple butter beers?" She says with a little smile

Professor Snape- "yes that would be great rosmerta thank you" he says monotonely

She nods and walks over to the bar getting us a couple glasses of butter beer then comes back setting them in front of us

I thank her then she walks off again to attend to other customers.

Professor Snape and I look at each other.

Professor Snape- "so miss dove is this your first date?" He asks monotonely