The Yule ball

December 24, 1994

Skylar's pov:

Today is the day of the Yule ball and since today is Saturday there was no classes for the day.

That morning at breakfast, while I'm sat at my seat at the teacher's table I noticed the students looking giddy for the ball this evening, mostly the girls. Even some of my fellow co workers were looking forward to tonight.

The ball starts at 6pm and ends at 12am. It was a bit later than curfew since the Yule ball is a tradition during the triwizard tournament and Professor dumbledore wanted to make sure we all had a fun & relaxing time.

Once breakfast ends I go back to my sleeping quarters & shut the door, I go to my closet and lay my dress hung on a hanger covered with a white bag on my bed along with the heels & jewelry I was going to wear with it.

I set my makeup and my hair tools on my bathroom sink, my bathroom being connected to my room. I wanted everything laid out and ready so I didn't have to worry about rushing to get ready.

Until then I take a stroll around the halls of hogwarts for a while then return to my dorm after an hour and take a nap. While the students either hung out in their common rooms, were outside having fun in the snow or whatever they usually do outside of classes.

I didn't have a date for the ball tonight but it didn't bother me. I was going to have fun with my fellow teachers and rewind from work.

——————————————————————————-

4:30pm

I have woken up from my nap a while ago and was reading a novel. I look over to my clock and notice the time. I should get ready for ball, it starts in almost an hour.

I put a bookmark to where I left off, set it to the side then get up. I walk over and go in my bathroom. The first thing I was going to do it my hair in makeup then slip in my dress, heels & Jewelry.

I finish doing my hair about 30 minutes later, I check the time. I have an hour till the Yule ball begins.

I do my makeup which doesn't take long then I go into my room once more. I take my dress carefully off the hanger and out of the bag. I look at it for a moment. It was such a beautiful dress, not too extravagant but still stunning.

I slip on my dress, zipping it up then I carefully put on my heels & my jewelry. Once I was finished I go look in the mirror in my room and I couldn't believe how I looked.

I never felt so beautiful before, even though I never dressed up for a dance or any other fancy event before

It was now 5:15. I still had 45 minutes.

I might as well get there early, I'm sure the other professors will already be down in the hall while female students were getting still getting ready.