☽ twelve: nice kicks. ☾

THE REST OF THE week was pretty uneventful. I went back and forth between home and university, most of the time with Mark.

Jeno, Mark, another girl in the class, and I had a group project for applied arts due in 3 weeks. I was basically flooded with projects and work from psychology and barely
had time for anyone.

It's Friday afternoon, me, mark's friends and the girl we have the project with are currently sitting in the cafeteria and just talking. The girl's name is Dami and she's pretty cool to be honest. We get along really well and I'm so relieved to have a girl friend after hanging with boys for 2 weeks straight.

"so you just moved here? From south Africa? That's crazy" Dami said to me as the boys had their own conversation going on.

"yeah it's crazy to think about, but I like it here, it's different" I said, eating my fries.

"cool, cool." she jumped up as if she suddenly remembered something and everyone at the table looked at her, "I just remembered, there's a party tonight, do you guys wanna come?"

I groaned and laid my head on the table.

She frowned, "what? You don't like parties?"

I threw my head back before replying, "I do, probably too much, and I really wanna go but I'm so tired and I have soooo much homework I don't know what I'm gonna doooo" I whined, putting my head back on the table.

"awww," she said, patting my back and smoothing my hair. "college life really ain't a joke, huh"

"you're telling me" I said, sighing and packing my stuff back into my backpack.

Jeno started talking about some girl he was interested in and we all gave him advice on how to ask her out.

Jaemin looked over to me as I sipped my tea and asked, "what about you, Nayoung, do you have a crush on anyone?"

I chocked on my tea as he asked the question, coughing while dami tried hitting my back. Once i was fine I replied, "um, I actually don't date, so, not really," I said, while
glancing at Mark against my will.

"ohh," they all said, "so you don't like to date?" haechan asked?

"um, yeah I guess you could say that. Datings just not really my thing you know?"

I looked over at Mark and he had an unreadable expression on his face. I decided to brush it off as I stood up, "well I gotta go to my last class of the day, bye guys" I waved at
them and turned around.

"wait," Jeno came up to me, "you have bio last right? Me too, let's go together."

"yeah, OK, let's go."

As soon as we were out of the cafeteria Jeno said, "sooo what's going on between you and Mark?"

I stopped in my tracks and whipped my head up to look at him, "what do you mean? Nothing's going on. We're just friends...?"

"sure~" he said and pushed me a little so I could keep walking.

I narrowed my eyes at him as we walked. "what type of question even is that? We just live in the same building, that's it. Literally. Nothing's going on." I said, getting slightly defensive.

Jeno raised his hands and laughed, "damn, okay, geez"

I kissed my teeth at him as we walked into class.

—— —— —— ——

I DECIDED TO GO to the party tonight anyways. Mark was gonna be my ride again and we were going to leave at ten (possibly).

I wore a plain black pleated skirt that I embroidered and a light blue band t-shirt, white mid-shin length Nike socks, one black ankle-cut vans shoe and one blue one, along with a minimal necklace.

I checked the time, 9:50. I grabbed everything I needed and headed down to mark's apartment. I knocked and the door opened for me to see jaehyun. I subconsciously bit my lip as I looked at his simple outfit. He wore a washed out Grey graphic t-shirt
with ripped black skinny jeans. He had on black and white air Jordan's one's, identical to mine back home.

He stepped aside so that I could enter I smelt some intoxicating cologne as I walked by, "I like your shoes, by the way" I said when we made eye contact.

"thanks. Yours aren't bad either", he said, referring to my miss-matched vans.

I walked past and sat on the couch, waiting for the boys to be ready to leave. Jaehyun stood by the kitchen counter, sipping on something in a red cup. I stood up and walked over to him, asking for a drink too. He poured something brown into another red cup and gave it to me.

"where's everyone else? I thought we were leaving at 10." I downed half of my drink after asking.

"Johnny left earlier and mark's in his room, you can go check on him if you'd like." jaehyun replied, slightly eyeing me over his drink.

"ok, thanks" I replied as I finished the rest of my drink, already feeling a bit buzzed.

I turned around and walked down the hall, still remembering which room was mark's.

I knocked on the door but got no reply, so I opened the door and was not at all prepared for what I saw.