Amidst Feelings

After leaving the dorm entrance, Seonghwa looped his arm around Yeosang's and pulled the younger in the direction of the dorm courtyard where they could chat; clearly the boy was on a mission.

Wandering eyes fell on Seonghwa and Yeosang as they passed by; they were an attractive duo whose presence naturally caught the gaze of others.

Both boys were alluringly mysterious in nature, and because of their close friendship they had often been mistaken as lovers by the dorm residents who saw them regularly.

Not only did they look like a couple when they frequently walked arm in arm like they were now, but just in general their personalities and appearances complimented one another so well making them look like the perfect pair.

Seonghwa's dark brown, almost black hair, complemented Yeosang's light blonde hair and both boys had the same sharp jaw line, steely gazes, charming smiles and princely dispositions.

Thankfully though, as of recently, practically everyone in the dorm facility knew that they weren't dating and were purely just friends and dorm partners.

In a student blog ran by the journalism residents Seonghwa and Hongjoong had been voted cutest couple, and while Seonghwa wasn't overly fond of the attention that the article had given him and his boyfriend it did stop people from coming up and asking Yeosang and Seonghwa if they were dating every time they were seen together.

The relationship between Seonghwa and Yeosang was conveniently rendered platonic because of that blog.

People however did still question if they were related, and honestly Yeosang felt like saying yes sometimes, because Seonghwa was like a brother to him.

Seonghwa, like Wooyoung, had always had Yeosang's back, and he trusted, respected and valued Seonghwa immensely.

Seonghwa opened up doors to different opportunities and experiences that Wooyoung normally would pass over, and Seonghwa balanced out the chaotic loud friendship Yeosang had with Wooyoung.

Where Wooyoung was excitable, Seonghwa was calm, and where Wooyoung liked going out to places with lots of people like parties and carnivals, Seonghwa preferred quiet places like botanic parks and art galleries.

Yeosang never knew that he needed a friend like Seonghwa until he met Seonghwa himself, and he never anticipated to ever call anyone besides Wooyoung his best friend. Initially in Yeosang's eyes the title of Best friend had been reserved and solely entrusted to Wooyoung and Wooyoung alone.

But when Seonghwa came along they just clicked; Seonghwa in a way filled the gaping friendship hole in his heart, the one that his parents had ripped open when they had chosen to split Wooyoung and himself apart by sending him to a different school.

Seonghwa brought his heart solace, and looking back Yeosang was thankful that he found someone to share his high school experience with, because without Seonghwa he suspected he would have been a lot more lonely and bored.

Prior to knowing each other both boys had sat on their own during class and lunch with only themselves for company, and while both boys knew of each other they had no motivation to interact with one another.

Starting out in high school Yeosang wasn't in the mood to make friends. At that point in time he hadn't found the confidence to go behind his parents back to see Wooyoung yet so he was very much alone, and making a new friend to Yeosang was like replacing him, and Yeosang never wanted to replace Wooyoung. Ever.

He was also still in a limbo position where he was trying to squash that side of himself that had an inkling of feeling's for the boy he called his best friend, and having that inner desire to please and do what his parents wanted of him.