Thirteen - Confession

A/N Sit tight, readers. Prepare for some emotion.😄

After what Jimin told him, Taehyung made a decision. To love the man, no matter how hard, no matter how painful it becomes. Well, he always wanted to do that but he wasn't confident, he was scared, afraid of being pushed away, to be rejected. But he can't continue being a coward, not when he had hurt Jungkook so much. He will cherish and love his brother more, even if he hates him, he will try not to care. He was at fault, he always knew that, but his fear took over. Right now though, he is determined to make it right. Of course, his feelings would hurt,  loving Jungkook was never easy. But he would gladly suffer, if it was for him.

"J-jungkook?" Taehyung knocked on the door of his office, calling out his name. The man had his own cabin. Taehyung was proud and a little surprised.

"Yeah?" he answered, the door was open. Taehyung peeked in and saw him checking files. He was more capable and useful than the mess he was. Huh.

"I-ah-Jaebum hyung asked me to make you eat for lunch." he looked at him hopefully.

"Not hungry." came the dry reply.

"C-come on, don't be like this." Taehyung came inside, still not sure if he was welcome here. Jungkook still scared him.

"I said I am not hungry" he growled. Oh, god. He was trying to decide between getting turned on or getting the hell out of here. He was stuck to the floor, frozen in fear. His heart was beating loudly, gathering up every ounce of courage he had in himself, as he said,

"I-its just burger and s-sandwiches, y-you should eat..." Taehyung stopped speaking when Jungkook suddenly got up from his chair, his gaze cold and dangerous as he strode towards him. 

Taehyung was terrified shitless. He tried to stay where he was, trying to not get scared but Jungkook was stalking towards him like some predator about to pounce on his prey and as soon as he was close Taehyung couldn't help but move backward. The man had a very dangerous aura.

"Are you deaf? When I say I won't. I won't" Never had a voice terrified him the way Jungkook's did. It was- it was ruthless. The man continued moving towards him until the he stumbled on the sofa, falling on it. Jungkook sneered, trapping the older with his sinister gaze.

"O-okay." He knew one more defiance and Jungkook might actually hurt him, or say something that will wound him. And it will lead to a much more awful result. Jungkook didn't move an inch so Taehyung decided to push him - which was a fucking bad decision, he sucks at deciding - placing both of his hands on the younger's toned chest. 

Taehyung so much wanted to get out of here, but he was weak, his heart cannot take it. It hurts so much that it becomes unbearable, just like his feelings. But when does the universe be kind to anyone?

"Do you think I will let you go unscathed? You disturbed me. At least one of us needs to get some work done." he replied in such an emotionless voice that Taehyung shuddered.

"I- w-wanted y- just w-worried o-okay?" He was so nervous that sentences merged together and he wasn't capable of separating them...yet.

"Should have been worried years back." a void tone met his ears and he heard the slightest show of vulnerability, so inaudible he could have easily missed it. A realization dawned on him, again. Whatever he does, he will do it... he still cares. And honestly? That was enough.

"I was! I really was back then! That's why I went abr-"

"FUCKING WHY? Was here not enough? What could possibly make you leave? You think I am dumb? Don't give me excuses just because you wa-" This got Taehyung so angry that he pushed him, hard enough for the younger to land on the floor.  

"Because, I was-I-I was a coward."

"What?" 

Of all the reasons, Jungkook was not expecting this, he knew. Taehyung struggled for the words that were stuck in his throat, for 5 years. How was he to tell the tale he couldn't even accept? How can he lay out all the feelings which were the reason for this mess in the first place?

In the heat of the moment, because he had no idea what to say, he got off the couch and-

He kissed Jungkook.

It wasn't dirty or forceful. It was love, affection and care, all of it pouring in that kiss. He wanted Jungkook to know what he couldn't say. Or what he was too scared to say. The kiss was his confession. 

Jungkook was shocked, his lips unmoving and his body stiffened. Taehyung didn't know what to make of the lack of response but he'd wanted the truth so he laid his weakness, his darkest secret, hoping and begging to whatever god was up there- for Jungkook not hating him. 

Because Taehyung can't be like Jungkook. The man is too much. He is freedom, he tastes like earth and passion, like raw confidence and mischief. And all Taehyung could offer him was a broken love that was worth no more than a dirty secret to hide.

When Taehyung pulled away, Jungkook was not moving, frozen on the ground. His eyes were blank, face giving away nothing. He mastered the art of nonchalance with ease, unlike Tae, who is like an open book.

The silence stretched and Taehyung realized his quota of confidence ran out for the day, and that he needed to run away- as fast as possible. Maybe for a year or two, no biggie. He immediately got up, making up his mind, preparing his body for the Usain bolt stunt. But before he could carry out his mission, Jungkook pulled him back, making him fall on the younger. Faces barely an inch apart, Taehyung's face reddened and made an attempt to escape again but the strong grip on his wrist prevented him to move.

"J-Jungkook please," he pleaded. Taehyung couldn't bear being around him, couldn't bear to see the look of disgust on his face. All the talk of courage and confidence, it was just words that meant nothing now. He didn't have it in him to go on, not when the man he loved hated him.

"So you ran away?" he asked and Taehyung nodded. Tears gathered and he was trying so hard to hold it in. Jungkook just couldn't get a hint. He doesn't need to pretend. Why? Why must Jungkook make him suffer so much? He knew he deserved but that doesn't mean he could bear it. He hid his face, head hanging low, in surrender, in shame. Then Jungkook sighed with... exasperation? W-what? 

"You're an idiot," His tone was fond, it was- it was careful. Taehyung looked at him in confusion, a tear that streaked down without his permission left its trail visible on his cheeks. Jungkook smiled, his bunny teeth showing and at once reminding him of the little boy he used to be. The one who wasn't there anymore.

What is going on?

Suddenly the door of the cabin opened, startling both of them. Jaebum observed the duo with his hawk eyes and shook his head. Their position wasn't far from intimate.

"I won't ask. Sorry to disturb your bonding." he gestured to the way they were sprawled on each other "But I need Jungkook for a moment."

Taehyung breathed a sigh of relief as Jungkook got up and left him, still sprawled on the floor. What the fuck just happened?

A/N He-he. OK, so Jaebum was a bit of a cock-blocker...😅