Learning to Trust

:: - Speaking through the comms system ex) ::Transformers::
———————————————————————————
"Have you guys never had a campfire before?" Raven looks around at the Autobot's surrounding the flame. She and Leo sit on old car seats that they've pulled out of old vehicles, the Autobots just sit on the ground. Bumblebee looks at the flame with wide optics, as if he's never even seen fire before, but everyone knows that's not true.

"Never had the supplies to burn one on Cybertron." Ratchet explains.

"What's it for?" Bumblebee asks.

"Families sit around a campfire at night, star gaze, roast marshmallows, talk, laugh. Just for fun." Raven describes.

Bumblebee makes a pleased whirring sound again. Raven keeps an eye on him. "Hey, can I ask a question. You can say no if you don't want to answer." Bee looks to the winged girl as if to say, go ahead. "What happened to your voice, everyone else can talk but you use your radio."

"Lost it." Bee responds, he looks over to one of his friends, he can't find the words on a radio to explain into detail for someone to understand.

Optimus takes the conversation. "Simply put; Bee lost his voice synthesizer in a battle long ago, Ratchet unfortunately hasn't been able to fix it."

Ratchet lowers his head, still feeling guilty that he couldn't do more. One day he hopes to give Bee his voice back, but he doesn't know how far that will be in the future.

"You've obviously gotten the hang of using your radio." Leo states. Finally finding the courage to speak some.

Bee makes another pleased sound.

Silence falls around the campfire, Raven looks at the licking flames wondering how Kim is doing tonight, Ravens eyes suddenly widen. "Oh shit!" She quickly gets up, practically falling off of the old vehicle seat and runs off, everyone around the campfire gets startled. "What's wrong?" Ratchet asks.

"Kim, I told her I'd call her back, she probably thinks I'm dead by now. I'm sorry, I have to go. I'll be back tomorrow. Bye!" At that she lifts off into the sky towards the city, the rest of the group look back and forth to each other not completely sure what's just happened.

"Kim?" Ironhide voices his thoughts.
———————————————————————————
Raven flies as fast as she can through the night sky, the cool air nipping her exposed skin. She lands on her balcony and enters her apartment to find Kim looking back at her with eyes that Raven has been on the end of way too many times. Disapproving, worried, angry eyes.

"What the hell." Kim states, her greyish eyes boring into Raven.

"Sorry, I got distracted. How are the kids?" Raven asks trying to divert her sisters attention to something else.

"Oh yea, the kids you told me to get somewhere safe. They're back at home. What were you doing Raven. Are you ok?"

"Yea I'm perfectly fine. I just... forgot.

"You forgot." Kim crosses her arms and sighs. "You know what. It doesn't matter, just as long as you're ok. Did you find out the cause of the earthquake, besides what you told me over the phone. Which wasn't much."

"Yea um, you can't tell anybody about this ok. Like... nobody."

Kim let's put another sigh. "Listen, if you want to keep it a secret then do so. I don't want to be caught up in your superheroing, I did that once and it was terrifying. I'm just glad your ok." Kim gives Raven a hug, cherishing her sisters warmth, she's always warmer than the average human due to her powers.