𝟵 | 𝗹𝗮𝘁𝗲 𝗻𝗶𝗴𝗵𝘁 𝘁𝗲𝗮𝗿𝘀

•✩•

•✩•

"I've got it." Amari huffed as she snatched the file from the table before Morgan could get to it.

Spencer had gone to the crime scene with Gideon for the first time in forever and Amari and Morgan had been left behind with Hotch. Who was currently speaking with the sheriff in his office — so it was the two of them, alone.

"I know, but I need that to compare the victimology." Morgan tried to snatch the file from her but she held stood up and held it out of his reach, walking to the map in the front of the conference room as she did.

"Yeah, but I need it for the geographical profile." Amari muttered as she turned her back to him and focused on the map instead. "Get your own file."

"That's a waste of paper and there's no point if we already have one." Morgan exclaimed, standing up and approaching her.

Amari turned around and rolled her eyes at him, "Then wait your turn."

Morgan snatched the file from her hands and flipped it open, Amari scowled at him as she tried to take it back but he was taller than her and could successfully hold it out of her reach.

"Sorry, I'm not that good at following orders."

Amari crossed her arms together after she got off her tip toes. "Irrational, hard headed, egotistical. Makes sense that you're not good and that."

Morgan furrowed his brows as he tossed the file ok the table. "So this is how we're going to play it? Ever since you started on this team, you build. You build on ideas, theories, you follow the team. Nothing original has come out your mouth yet."

"Oh yeah? It's not like you don't do the same! All you're good for is chasing unsubs and kicking doors in." Amari scowled. "It's likely the bureau only hired you in the unit for beating up unsubs."

"Without me, the team would take twice as long to find the unsub. I help build the profile. I help plan the assault. I get you through the door." Morgan's voice rose as his chest puffed out defensively.

Amari scoffed, "You know, contrary to popular belief, kicking down doors is not a personality trait."

Derek was about to retort when Hotch walked back into the room. He looked between Amari and Derek and at the file that was on the floor (the one which Derek thought he put on the table) and his frown deepened.

He sighed, knowing that he couldn't do much, they would have to sort this out on their own. Derek was fuming as he sat back down in the chair and watched as Amari silently picked up the file and handed it to Hotch. She said nothing either as she seated herself opposite to Derek, glaring hatefully at him. His eyes met hers and their glares never wavered. At least they didn't for two minutes before Hotch cleared his throat loudly and started working on the geographical profile.