𝟭𝟱 | 𝗖𝗵𝗶𝗰𝗮𝗴𝗼

•✩•

•✩•

Amari, JJ and Penelope were all surrounding Spencer. They'd noticed him fidgeting with some sort of contraption earlier on at his desk and had been sucked in to an alternate universe where Spencer Reid was a magician.

Currently, he had enticed them with the promise of making a small rocket out of who knows what — he didn't allow them to watch as he set up.

"Nothing's happening." Penelope spoke after they turned back around to watch the 'magic'.

"Watch." Was all that Spencer replied with.

Suddenly, the plastic part of the truck shot up in the air, it flew all the way across the bullpen.

"Ah." Garcia watched in awe.

"Ooh." Amari and JJ said in unison as they too watched it fly in the air.

Until it hit Emily — who had just walked in — square on the head. Amari unconsciously winced as it bounced off her skull and fell to the floor.

"Ah," Emily rubbed the side of her head, "What—"

"I'm so sorry, Emily." Spencer stood up from his desk, a panicked look on his face.

"What was that?" She asked as she walked over to them.

Amari grinned, "Don't you recognize a rocket when you see one?"

"I- I was merely demonstrating a physics law I- I-I didn't meant to hit-" Spencer stuttered, but his apology was cut short when Emily came to stand in front of him, an excited smile on her face.

"Oh, show me?"

"All right. Uh, well, turn around, please." He ordered them.

"Turn around." Emily looked at the three girls in confusion.

"Yeah," Amari chuckled and shook her head, "he's not gonna show you how it's done."

"A magician doesn't reveal his secrets." Spencer quipped.

"But I thought you said it was physics?" Emily retorted.

Spencer bit his lip. "Physics magic."

"Trust me. It will not do you any good to argue with him." Amari told Emily, her mind flashing back to all those times she'd tried to get Spence to show her the trick.

Emily rolled her eyes and followed the girls as they all turned around, giving Spencer his privacy to set up his magic trick.

"All right, all right, turn back and observe." Spencer announced.

"Oh." The four girls exclaimed as the plastic piece shot up into the air again.

Their excitement was cut short when it landed next to Hotch, their smiled dropping from their faces as he looked over to them.