𝟭𝟴 | 𝗱𝗶𝗻𝗻𝗲𝗿

•✩•

•✩•

"Are we going to have to talk about that?" Derek asked as him and Amari walked out of the unit together.

Amari nodded and they stopped in front of the elevator, Derek leaning forward to push the button for them.

"Why didn't you let me take the blame?" She asked him. "I probably wouldn't have gotten into trouble.

"Oh, so you're saying you're his favorite?" He lifted an eyebrow at you as the elevator reached the sixth floor, sounding out an animated ding as the doors opened.

"Oh honey, I'm everyone's favorite." She winked at him as she walked inside, waiting for him to join her.

"Sure." He glanced down at her as he pushed the button to the ground floor. "Think of it as an apology. I should've been more receptive to your little boyfriend."

Amari looked up at him, "You don't owe me anything Derek. We had something and I ruined it for him."

Derek cleared his throat. "Yeah. But still, I shouldn't have taken it out on you."

A smile grew on Amari's face when she remembered how exactly he was acting. "You were jealous."

Derek turned to face her, walking towards her slightly, backing her up against the metal wall of the elevator.

"You're damn right I was jealous. I didn't forget what I said Amari, I'm going to get you back."

She scoffed, "I'd like to see you try."

He smirked as he watched her leave, stepping out of the elevator shortly after her and shaking his head as he headed to the car park.

"Hey babe." Amari called out as she walked into her apartment, hanging up her coat and sliding off her shoes before walking further into her house.

"In the bedroom." She heard Chase's deep voice call back.

Amari smiled as she plopped her bags down in the sitting area, mentally setting a reminder to unpack and repack them. She skipped over to her bedroom, seeing Chase folding some of his clothes and packing them neatly away in the drawer Amari had cleared out.

"Hey." She smiled at him as he left folding the clothes to walk up to her and take her in his arms.

"Hi." He said softly, leaning in and kissing her.

Amari smiled into the kiss, running her hands up his arms and wrapping them around his neck as he held her waist tightly, smiling as she ran her fingers through his soft hair.

"We have dinner with Aaron and Haley." Amari told him as he brought his hands up to her shirt and started undoing the first few buttons.